Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extrude Vectors as 3D Shapes

Extrusion is a technique where a flat 2D shape or surface is pulled out to give it depth. Vector extrusion would allow users to import vectors as paths, then extrude those paths into 3D shapes. This would include some additional parameters like hard or rounded corners.

282 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

58 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all! We’re taking a look at adding extrusion to Dimension later this year. We’re combining this with a text tool and hope to support vector/text extrusion later this year. I’ll update here as we progress!

2. Package Design - Create 3D Model from Dyeline/Blueprint

I'd like to be able to build a product package from a dieline created in Illustrator, fold it along specific lines, give it a UV gloss on parts, add foiling and embossing where required.

214 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your patience and interest in this idea over the last several years. At Adobe MAX 2018 we demoed a technology called Project Fantastic Fold, and over the last year we’ve been working on bringing that into reality.

I’m pleased to say we’re opening our first private beta for Project Fantastic Fold, a tool for interactively folding dielines into 3D models.

The private beta requires you to join the Prerelease. If you’re interested please head to https://www.fantasticfold.com/ and sign up for the beta program!

3. 145 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! I wanted to thank you for a lot of patience on the topic of creation and modeling in Dimension. I thought I’d provide a small update here.

Dimension 3.2 just released with our first native creation features, including text and basic shapes.

In the future we do expect to have some more creation like vector extrusion and lathing, but don’t have a release timeline for that yet.

I will l say we are also working on some cool mesh editing capabilities, so you can customize models instead of having to start from scratch.

I hope to update here soon with more progress, but in the mean time, I hope you enjoy text and shapes!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base