Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Place image on model surface

In making a 3d package design... I'd love o be able to drag and drop a jpg or vector art directl onto the surface of my object and be able to move it around, bigger, smaller. If that os an option now I don't understand the process

103 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In case you haven’t heard… Project Felix is now Adobe Dimension CC! In the latest release (available now) we have some great new features for image placement.

1) When adding images to materials you can tile, rotate, and offset the textures to really customize the looks of the materials.

2) You can now add decals as isolated graphics on top of the material. Decals can be positioned, rotated, and scaled independently of the base material.

There are a few caveats (always at a 1.0) I wanted to let you know about. You can only have one decal per material right now, but we’ll be expanding that in the future. Also, decals are not really designed to wrap 360 around an object. They have a pretty good range, but if you need a full wrap you’ll still need to do some 2D layout in UV space. We’ll be working on more…

2. Import .psd files as Material

Currently, it seems like there's no possibility to import .psd files or layer inside .psd files as materials

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Importing 3d models

I need to import my maya models. There is no documentation about the importing 3d model file types, is it?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link to Constrain Resizing Camera/Scene

Adding Constrain for changing scene size can help quackly adjust scene size in propotionl manner

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Linked Object Scaling

Scale dimensions need to be linked (the same way as in AI, ID or PSD). So I can scale the object proportionally.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Material all items in a single group. Drop Material on Group folder in layer Tree

As I import objects that have many items in a layer folder, I feel I should be able to mass apply a material to the grouped item and have this material apply to all items in the group. I see there is a folder in the layers that has all the pieces that create my grouped item, I feel I should be able to drag the material to the folder in the layered tree and have that material apply to everything in the folder. See attached. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need more 3D Model Options at Adobe Stock

The app can become really helpful if we can have a more extensive library at Adobe Stock. For example, I am looking for a slim rectangular box to create some packaging and unfortunately there are only 21 options coming up when I search for box. These are very limited options.
    Even the choice of materials is also very limited.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Since this isn’t a feature or task that can really be measured I’m going to just mark this as done. The 3D collection is still very new and we are working hard to expand the amount of models that are available there.

9. Export as PNG

I would like export just an object to png format as well as drag to the library? I cannnot find these functions. Is it too soon?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set object hierarchies in scene explorer

I want to be able to drag an object to another in the scene explorer to set dependencies, like parent-child. so when I transform the parent, the child gets transformed, too

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base