Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate Photoshop Shadow Layer

When rendering to a layered Photoshop file, it would be extremely helpful to have the Object on one layer and the Cast Shadow on a separate layer. This will allow a designer the ability to manipulate shading and integrate it better into the picture. I have worked in 3D for many years (multiple programs) and this separate layered technique is one of the most used by artists and extremely powerful.

68 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know we do plan to add more layers to the .psd output including shadow/light passes, reflection and some other helpful bits. I’ll keep you updated as we get closer on this one.

2. Glow effect, Light radiance

perhaps when rendering glowing objects, (at a high setting) if there could be some light effects shinning off the surface of the glow? currently it just renders a start white edge and casts light over near by surfaces. it would look nicer if the object look closer to light, not just a solid color.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Render Pause Button

I could see it being beneficial to have a pause button on the rendering process.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base