Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mac OSX Sierra Support

when will project Felix be available to use with Mac OSX Sierra

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Chantel Benson responded

Hi there! Just a quick message to check in on this feature since it has already been a month since it was posted. There isn’t a ton of new news in the meantime, we are gathering info on who is participating in our UserVoice forum with a short 5 minute survey – check it out!

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/surveys/C4JU2R/

If you are interested in joining our Prerelease program then this is the way to volunteer yourself. Prerelease participants get early access to builds before they are released to the public and we’ll ask for additional insights/feedback.

2. Automatic View Pivot

When rotating the view, the view's focal point needs to be set intelligently by the application. Get a copy of Cinema 4D and look how they do it. A ray is fired from the view camera and the geometry intersection point becomes the view pivot, in real time. So rotating around the scene is really elegant.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dimension 2.3 is now available (July 16th) and we’ve made some updates to the way the camera behaves. It should now be a bit smarter and feel more fluid when moving objects in and out of focus, as well as on scenes of varied sizes.

3. Enter Camera Coordinates Manually

Maybe this already exists, but I have a camera position in Photoshop 3D that I would like to recreate exactly in Dimension. Is there a way to export camera positions from Photoshop to Dimension? Or even to be able to add the coordinates manually?

Thanks!

Ernie

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, camera coordinates have been available in-app since our first Beta release.

You can find them by selecting the Environment and scrolling down to the bottom of the properties panel to the area called camera perspective. Here you’ll find Field of View, Position, and Rotation values.

4. simplify language

I am new to 3D and I do not really see myself using this environment for all my work which is primarily 2D. However, I can and will use PF in the future for certain things but the language needs to simplified even further. I saw in another post someone using terms like yaw and pitch. What? Are we training to be pilots? Separately, "Cameras" and "Lights" always baffle me. What camera? Where's the lights? The 3D plugin in Adobe Illustrator has an easy interface to understand when it comes to shading or lighting an object. The point of view…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We are aiming for a balance between familiar, friendly language that anyone can learn and keeping some standards in place for compatibility. While we will continue to adjust our terms in our application as we move forward, I am going to mark this as completed because it’s sort of an ongoing conversation and impacts import/export with other applications, rather than a single feature that we are going to implement at some given time.

If anyone else has any terms or areas they find confusing please feel free to note it here even though this conversation is marked completed.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base