Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Higher decal resolution

Higher resolution for decals would be nice. Had to add a decal to a product shot and it was pixilated on the render image.
    Really annoying because I wasn't able to make FINAL detail shots of the product and had to add the decals in Photoshop by hand.

BTW: Is there a limit for the resolution of decals?

61 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! I saw a good number of new questions here, so thought I’d respond to everyone with an update. Unfortunately we still don’t have true ‘vector’ support in Dimension.

Whatever ‘size’ and resolution your vector is in Illustrator is what it’s going to be applied as in Dimension. When importing to Dimension we convert it to a .png and use that.

I recommend using a minimum of about 1000×1000 size images from Ai or Ps. 2000×2000 is better. 4000×4000 is best! ;D

This quality reduction can also be cause because of the way 3D models work. The entire image you use is shared across the model and then only as a part of the canvas based on camera zoom. So you could be zooming in to part of the model and rendering it at a higher resolution than the graphic was originally.

Decal resolution can also be affected by…

2. Would love to have Displacement Maps

Would love the addition of Displacement maps so we can get some added details out of certain models. Would add a lot of realism for an otherwise flat world of extras beside normals.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base