Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember save location

remember folder saved to

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import Subdivision Surfaces

I bought a 3D model and imported the .obj. A perfect circle looks like it was drawn with a ruler. I don't think it's a problem in the file (the previews of the model in de shop look great) but I think it's the combination with Adobe Dimension.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This model was likely made with a technique called “Subdivision surfaces”. This technique means that the user models a low poly model and then applies a modifier that divides each piece of the model into new pieces, and autosmooths between the new divides.

Dimension doesn’t support subdivision surfaces today, so when you import it, we lose that information and can only import the original geometry.

Support for subdivision surfaces is something we’d like to add, though I don’t have a time estimate on it.

You can ‘bake’ the subdivision surfaces into geometry before exporting from the original modeling tool to have it come into Dimension properly.

3. Default render export path & filename to the same filename and path as the background image.

Usually when working on a project you open the background image from a certain folder and want to save your render to that same folder. It would be a lot easier to have the default save path be the path that you opened your background image from and ideally maintain the same filename.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base