Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import Solidworks 3D File Formats

In my company, product designers usually render from Solidworks, and we have to wait for product samples to complete ad photography.

I was hoping Felix could cut out the middle man, but today I found out that Felix supports no file types Solidworks can export. It kind of defeats the purpose of the program for my role.

If we could support any of these file types (obviously excluding PS, PDF's, and JPEGS). We want this specifically to take prototype models to photography level.

63 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  27 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remember save location

remember folder saved to

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Files instead of Import

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately we don’t allow ‘open’ for any 3D model formats, only to open existing .dn saved scenes. Instead, create a new document, then use File > Import to import .fbx, .skp, stl, and .obj files.

We’ll be adding “import” files to “open” soon!

4. Default render export path & filename to the same filename and path as the background image.

Usually when working on a project you open the background image from a certain folder and want to save your render to that same folder. It would be a lot easier to have the default save path be the path that you opened your background image from and ideally maintain the same filename.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base