Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Control Presets for Other 3D Software

The first thing you want to do when you get into a new 3D app, is learn to move around. It's the thing you actually do the most.

I feel like every time I go into a new 3D package every one is always trying to make you conform to their new controle system... I think that you should have the ability to manuver with the same controles from your most familiar package.

Cinema 4d
    Maya
    Max
    Blender

Blender actually has this feature, and I always choose Maya controles...

Back when before it was Autodesk Maya and it was still…

21 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The latest release of Dimension now includes. a control preset for Substance Painter which is similar to the 3D industry standard of Alt being the main camera control activator.

However, this only controls the camera presets, not additional tools like WER for move, rotate, scale.

We’d love some feedback from anyone who tries out this preference on whether camera controls being similar to other 3D apps is helpful without additional controls presets for other tools like the transform tools.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base