Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Directly input dimensions of an object

I have a book cover that is 6x9x.75. It would be ideal to have the ability to input dimensions rather than scale.

The ability to select units would be great, but to begin simply making it proportional would make it functional.

90 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all. Units and dimensions are something that are very important, and we’re looking at getting some initial feedback on this topic. We have a brief survey and are also looking for a few people willing to do an interview. In exchange we’ll provide an Amazon gift card to the interviewees. If you’re interested please start by taking the following survey and we’ll notify those who are selected for the interview portion.

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/surveys/JA3D2M/

• Unit Settings

This program is useless without the ability to draw objects in scale, i.e. transformation pallette should be in metric or imperial. Make it just like Illustrator just 3D and I will switch from my current 3D modeling/rendering app.

20 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all. Units are something that are very important, and we’re looking at getting some initial feedback on this topic. We have a brief survey and are also looking for a few people willing to do an interview. In exchange we’ll provide an Amazon gift card to the interviewees. If you’re interested please start by taking the following survey and we’ll notify those who are selected for the interview portion.

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/surveys/JA3D2M/

• Support for PSD layer mask

Hello, i'm trying to place a psd file with a layer mask into Dimension to create realistic shadow effects for this cut out image/object. When i place the psd on a plane (as image carrier) in Dimension, the alpha channel, i.e. the black part of the mask, is not transparent but rendered in a grey color, thus the whole plane casts a shadow, not just the mask. This functionality appears to be essential and easy to implement ?

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base