Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 360 background image

I would like to be able to use a 360 still or video with Dimension so that when I rotate the view the background rotates in relation to the objects in the center.

30 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Snap Objects Together

Snap Objects together by seecting the two faces you want to touch (snap to surface, snapy to edge, snapt to center etc)

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! Snapping in 3D is a huge must for Dimension! I wanted to share two things!

First, if you haven’t tried it yet, clicking on the “pivot handle” (the white handle at the center of the gizmo) will let you drag models along the surface of other models and the ground. I’ve attached a .gif and you can learn more about the move tools in Dimension here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/use-transform-tools-select-arrange-objects.html

Second, we’re also going to start working on some more advanced object snapping. I’ll update soon when we have progress!

3. Align Camera View to Model Face

Allow the user to align the camera straight with face. Clicking the "Align to Face" icon and seleting a a straight face within the model space will align the camera view straight on with the face. This could be useful for applying materials, meshes and images such as logos should they become available.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We wanted to let you guys know that we have started this feature along with a few other new camera updates. Hopefully in the next released version of Dimension we will ship with the ability to align the camera to a face. Currently, it is implemented within the Orbit tool, so you can just double click on a face with the Orbit tool active (or cmd+double right click with any tool active) and the camera will move to look at that point, aligned to the surface. This can help with aligning decals to surfaces. You can see a prototype of this working in the attached gif.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base