Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UV Map Editing or UV Map included

3D Models should come with UV Map for easy artwork creation.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. layers

Having the ability to have layers, and assign objects per layers, would be great!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! I’d like to understand more what functionality you’d expect from ‘layers’ in the context of a 3D scene.

Would you expect to use this primarily for organization, or would it actually behave as layers do in 2D apps where top layers would always render over back laters, regardless of 3D positioning?

I’d also love to know why you’re looking for layers specifically as opposed to what we have today. What are you trying to do you can’t achieve?

3. Don't Combine Parts by Material

Dimension seems to automatically combine model parts when they use the same material, such as when I use the Sampler Tool. This is problematic because there seems to be no way to separate the parts after this operation. What if I want to change the properties or material of just one part? Now I can't. If anything, they should be put in a subgroup or navigable tree.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Helllo! I was hoping to get some more information on this topic. Let me start by clarifying that Dimension has 2 ‘lists’. 

There is the Scene Panel ‘object’ list which is all the 3D components. Then there is the “Appearance” list which shows the materials and graphics applied to any specific object.

The object list you can think of as actual parts. These can me moved independently, can be renamed, reorganized, etc.

If you want to have a distinct piece that is always listed as a separate part, you can make it an object in the object list. Make a magic wand selection, then cut/paste the selection into a new object. Now it will show up as a 3D object and can be moved, renamed, etc.

The appearance list however, has different functionality. It’s a list of materials and graphics applied to an object, and is intended to auto-rename and…

4. Toggle to use model's original axes to scale, rotate, and position

Dimension needs a toggle to use the original model geometry as the basis when making changes in the properties inspector. What I mean is, if I change the X scale from 0.1 to 1.0, then rotate X 90-degrees, then change the X scale from 1.0 to 2.0 the object should be 20x the original OBJ geometry on its X axis. That's not what actually happens. Right now, what happens is if I scale or rotate a model, then scale or rotate again, the changes are relative to its current position in the scene, meaning I can't replicate operations on multiple…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base