Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Light Saturation Controls

It would be very helpful to have control over the saturation of the lighting form the HDR.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lighting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scene creator with more basic free content

While this topic is similar to this thread (https://projectfelix.uservoice.com/forums/576739-project-felix-feedback-questions/suggestions/17421376-request-for-models), I am really hoping for a decent scene creator. In my case, this ability would be great for creating a scene to illustrate branding guidelines or announce an event.

For example, these sites (https://creativemarket.com/ZippyPixels/869348-Dazzle-Scene-Creator-Bundle and https://qeaql.com/) offer several models and orientations to create a well-rounded scene with minimal effort. Whether it be for an event, or a mockup (whether digital or electronic), Felix would be perfect for creating these scenes (especially in combination with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).

Also, as a side note, I understand that you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Window title to include filename

The title is just a static "Adobe Dimension"

This makes using automatic time tracking software impossible to decipher what file was being worked on.

Should be an easy addition

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow user to put the "Tool options" back in the "view control bar" above the canvas, please.

Dimension used to have the "Tool options" in a "view control bar" above the canvas. With an update, the "Tool options" was moved to a pop-out window attached to the toolbar.

PLEASE make an option for users to move the "Tool options" back to the "view control bar".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mutilple Object Selection Apply Decal To All

Would be nice to be able select multiple objects and apply the same decal to all at one time - multiple selection amd apply : )

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion here! Should be pretty easy to do. I’m curious would you primarily be selecting different objects of different shapes and sizes or primarily duplicated similar objects?

If the object has multiple parts would you want us to put the decal on all selected parts?

6. Height Map Input

We already have Normal Map, Roughness, and Metallic. The addition of a Height Map input would be great to add more detail and make more realistic / defined materials. With just the Normal Map input it feels restricting on the level of detail for material textures.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make import textures easier to find

ability to add textures without having to sign into libriries

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For applying to a material channel, you can double click the material to edit it, open the image for the channel (such as color, roughness) then use the file browser folder icon to browse for an image. We can certainly find a way for this to be more upleveled!

8. Embed Published 3D Scene in Behance/Adobe Portfolio

It would be fantastic to be able to embed a Published 3D Scene into Behance and Adobe Portfolio, so that besides the static rendered images or product photos, potential clients visiting my profile/site would be able to see my designs from all angles.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! Have you tried the publish to web button we have on the top right corner? Would be great to hear what you think about it.
    We do not yet have a way to embed our content into websites and definitely looking into it.

9. Toggle Render Options (visible, shadow, GI)

It would be nice to be able to toggle render options on and off per object like...
    1. primary visibility
    2. visible in reflections
    3. visible in refractions
    4. casts shadows
    5. receives shadows
    6. emits GI
    7. receives GI

These options should be available when you click on the 3D object and see the transform info on the right side of the window. Maybe there is another tab with render options? I would imagine that features like this could reduce render time and allow for that extra customization you cant get in real life.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Additional Render Color & Effect Controls

The render quality is great, would love more control of colors and effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Searchable Help

Some help assets that don't require blowing a lot of time watching videos. I'd love to just search for what I'm after.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base