Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Name for duplicated or instance objects

It would be great if copied objects (cmd-d, cmd-v) could get the name addition (copy) and instances the name addition (instance). This would save time when creating a complex scene.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. alignement d'objet

option d'alignement

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Render Queue (Different files)

I saw the update that allows rendering mutliple saved views. This is a good start...
    Imagine a "Media Encoder" equivalent for Dimension. Save multiple views from multiple files, and save to a render queue. Let that run over night to chomp away at these big renders.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nested Objects (Import Multiple, into group/bin)

The ability to nest objects Upon import would allow me to actually use DN in a serious capacity.

Think about how solidworks nests small parts in assemblies, and assembles into complete items. Or how Premiere nests clips into sequences, or how objects group in illustrator.

I often work on single products that have tons of small screws, and hardware. I would love the ability to import multiple items (at the same time) into an assembly or group.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Señores como puedo renderizar a la hora de entregar trabajos los clientes se quejan de que no tiene buena resolución.

buenas tardes a todos.

he tenido problemas con el tema de renderizado ya que los clientes han devuelto trabajos de muchas horas de trabajo ya que la imagen final no tiene buena calidad y tengo buen ordenador. donde encuentro tutoriales de renderizado en adobe DN que pago una pasta por estos programas y no quiero quedarle a los clientes mal... de antemano gracias

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lag on dashboard

Bug painel.
    Error on dashboard.
    Different lags on the program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug

Bug painel.
    Error on dashboard.
    Different lags on the program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug

Error on dashboard

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Greater Object Manipulation

Because I do not have access to software like Z-brush or Maya (etc.), I continuously use Adobe Dimension. I'm addicted to it. While I have used it for mockups, I mostly use the geometric shapes for creating concept art geared towards vehicles and architecture. It would be desired to have the ability to alter the shapes even more! For an example, when altering a cube, it would be nice to click on one of the sides and scale or extrude the surface. Another way to alter a selected object would be to introduce a mesh. Perhaps, this alter option could…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HNM

how to take own logo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Graphics error

error on placing graphics on custom made obj files from sketchup - doesnt show graphics

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Renders cancelling without any alert

I've tried 4 renders tonight and each onw has gotten some way along only for it to self cancel with no alert that it is doing that!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m so sorry to hear about the issue here. Can you provide a bit more detail when you say it ‘self cancels’? What are you seeing in the interface?

Can you also let me know which version of the Dimension application you’re using (you can check in the About menu item)? Finally, can you let me know what render settings you’re using? Is it high quality or low? Local or cloud?

Thank you for any additional information!

13. Scene Panel Sorting & Filtering

Under 'scenes', want way of making the menu alphabetical ,for sure, but also perhaps date modified. Sometimes there are too many and it's very boring looking for things which because you're zoomed in, you don't want to find by looking at the object then clicking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Window title to include filename

The title is just a static "Adobe Dimension"

This makes using automatic time tracking software impossible to decipher what file was being worked on.

Should be an easy addition

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Object Variations

It would be awesome to be able to create multiple “product configurations” that can be setup for easy rendering. For example, take a product packaging scene that needs many different textures for multiple product label versions/locales/languages/etc. Currently, each variation must be rendered out by hand individually, and there is no way to batch anything at the moment.

In this scenario, each camera "render view" would still be the same, but the textures, materials, models, environment, etc. could all change.

Take a look how Onshape and Keyshot handle their configurations. Onshape's configurations, though a CAD package, is incredibly powerful!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Switching Modes from Render to Design forgets selected render views...

Render Settings: Keep the "most recent" views selected when switching back to the Design tab. Currently, going back to Design resets this selection list every time to Current View, and I am constantly forgetting to re-check everything before hitting render.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Targa import

Targa is a very common format for texture maps. You can open them in PS and convert to PNG/JPEG but it would be nice to have them work with Dimenion right away.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share with password

Hello I would like to share my designs with others so that they need to have a passwork to access the work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Object's faces management

Better management of the diffectent faces of an object and have the same options of the propertu tab as those of the object (material,color, opacity,...)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Could you tell us more about what you would like to manage with object faces?

With respect to properties, color, opacity, etc are properties that are related to the material that is applied to the object. So you can access them by double clicking on the face whose material you want to edit.

Did you want something more specific? Let us know!

20. Allow user to put the "Tool options" back in the "view control bar" above the canvas, please.

Dimension used to have the "Tool options" in a "view control bar" above the canvas. With an update, the "Tool options" was moved to a pop-out window attached to the toolbar.

PLEASE make an option for users to move the "Tool options" back to the "view control bar".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base