Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The camera-bookmarks menu hides the preview window

Hello,
    I often use camera bookmarks to quickly display several zoom on the image (close-up, whole object, just a part, ...). But at the same time, I need to see the preview window to verify the quality of the lights. This is not possible because the bookmark menu hides it. And if you put the preview window in full screen, the bookmark menu disappears. It would be perfect if the bookmark menu could still be visible and do not hide the preview window.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open Files instead of Import

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately we don’t allow ‘open’ for any 3D model formats, only to open existing .dn saved scenes. Instead, create a new document, then use File > Import to import .fbx, .skp, stl, and .obj files.

We’ll be adding “import” files to “open” soon!

3. Switching Modes from Render to Design forgets selected render views...

Render Settings: Keep the "most recent" views selected when switching back to the Design tab. Currently, going back to Design resets this selection list every time to Current View, and I am constantly forgetting to re-check everything before hitting render.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option for tiling decals seamlessly across surface

Option for tiling decals on surface when adding seamless patterns or textures as a decal

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for tiling decals seamlessly across surface

Option for tiling decals on surfacewhen adding seamless patterns or textures as a decal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Default render export path & filename to the same filename and path as the background image.

Usually when working on a project you open the background image from a certain folder and want to save your render to that same folder. It would be a lot easier to have the default save path be the path that you opened your background image from and ideally maintain the same filename.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base