Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Rulers

Can we get rulers?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import 3DM files from Rhino

Support Rhino 3dm. Files please

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Step and Repeat (Clone/Array)

It would be very usefull if designers could "step and repeat" objects in 3 dimensions to create a "store" visualisation effect. Important issue is that only one object can be modified. If the "master" object is changed, all objects in the "step and repeat" group should be automatically updated.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Render and design at the same time

It would be nice to render while designing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export Videos

Once there is animation support it would be great to export in video.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Camera Animation

The ability to animate the camera to move over time. Moving by keyframe or along a path in 3D space.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for 3D Printing

STL files and dimensions (metric and imperial) for 3D printing. Manipulation of shapes from anchor points not just scaling. Extruding off of faces
    Separate a group of faces from an object to produce 2 different solids without the use of subtraction.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! Just as an FYI we generally track each feature individually, so we do have suggestions for STL support and add/subtract meshes to make new shapes, for example. Might suggest voting on those!

3D printing is definitely something we’re keeping in mind!

8. Multiple View WIndows

It will be helpful to have different view panel layout on screen while creating file- top/front/3D view together

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work for multiple view windows hasn’t begun and is still in review. While we understand the value of multiple viewports we have a good bit of work to do on improving the one viewport we currently have. We’re focusing on the current composition, bookmark and render experience for this year but will probably start looking into multiple cameras and viewports more next year.

9. Add bump map/texture

It would be a good idea to add bump map/ edit texture UVs feature

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Render layers

It would be extremely helpful to be able to set up render layers with alpha channel for each Model, model sub component and material. This makes post work in PS much quicker and precise. Re-rendering also is much quicker if a layer can be swapped out - rather than a full re-render of the scene.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Render Time Limit

It would be useful to set a period of time for the render to use. Combined with my earlier idea, a render queue, you would be able to get a set number of renders at a set time. Very useful in the creative world where deadlines are frequent and always closing in.

I've added a quick scene being rendered on a MacBook Pro (Late 2013 top spec, i7 quadcore 2,6, 16GB ram, GT750M 2GB), medium quality, 1024x768, with a snapshot taken at 30 minutes. It's still going, about 40 minutes now, not much difference in quality, so a way to…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom UV Mapping for Decals

A way to fix UV mapping or the ability to choose specific faces to apply decals to. I'm working with complex shapes and decals are currently not cooperating with me

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! In our next release we’ve added automatic UV generation and error fixing so if you have a model with no UVs or that we detect UV errors you’ll get a prompt to resolve the issue.

This process is currently fully automatic and we are not yet adding manual UV mapping and controls. Once the new feature is out we’ll continue to evaluate providing manual custom UV controls.

13. Copy and paste models from other DN file

The option to copy between the same software files

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple monitor support

When using multiple monitors, i would like to move my pallets to a second monitor.. it seems they are locked into the single view mode. I would especially like to see the preview window moved off of my art-board. some people utilize more than one monitor and would like to see their designs in full screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We (Adobe as a whole) are considering the next generation of User Interfaces, so this is a discussion that is being taken very seriously across the company. I’d love specific examples of the things you like to dock/undock and why.

15. Auto-Save

Crashes Then Corrupts Original File - We NEED AUTO Backups!!

If we had automatic backups, my 5 hours of work would not be lost. Felix IS the next major player in the 3D modeling market so this is a MUST HAVE safety feature.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! Definitely a great suggestion and something the team is considering heavily right now. It didn’t make our first few beta releases, but it’s on our roadmap for sure. I’ll let you know when we’re closer. :)

16. Better Selection Tools (Marquee, Lasso, Paint Select)

Specifically selecting just parts of the model to be able to have different textures or cut out part of the model perhaps. See attached for an idea of what might be accomplished with this. Please give me feedback on if this is already a feature. Thank you.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! We definitely want to allow for much more customized selections in the future. You said you’d like to cut out part of the model as well, can you say more about what you mean? Do you want to ‘cut it out’ as a new model?

17. Allow Users to Sell 3D Models on Adobe Stock

How can i sell my own OBJ's on Adobe Stock for people to use?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add scripting support

Please add scripting support (Javascript/Applescript/VBscript). Allow users to open,close and save files, replace surfaces images, set render settings, and render documents.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple Documents or Scenes Open

Being able to open multiple instances of the application or work on multiple scenes during rendering.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. embed into inDesign

Allow Felix 3D models to embed into inDesign for .epub output!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base