Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Render and design at the same time

It would be nice to render while designing.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Videos

Once there is animation support it would be great to export in video.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2D > 3D Modeling (Lathe, Extrude, Loft)

Similar to conventional 3D software, Felix should have the ability to create 3D images from 1/2D wireframes. ie. a 1D line is drawn (a circle), the 1D drawing is filled to create 2nd dimension. The 2D shape is then scaled from surface to create a cylinder (3rd dimension). This offers a much more methodical and flexible approach to creating wireframes/models. Further example: using a series of curved lines to create a tapered bottle wireframe (like a shampoo bottle that is crimped at the top). The user is then able to then create a mesh that follows this curved lines >…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple View WIndows

It will be helpful to have different view panel layout on screen while creating file- top/front/3D view together

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work for multiple view windows hasn’t begun and is still in review. While we understand the value of multiple viewports we have a good bit of work to do on improving the one viewport we currently have. We’re focusing on the current composition, bookmark and render experience for this year but will probably start looking into multiple cameras and viewports more next year.

5. Render Time Limit

It would be useful to set a period of time for the render to use. Combined with my earlier idea, a render queue, you would be able to get a set number of renders at a set time. Very useful in the creative world where deadlines are frequent and always closing in.

I've added a quick scene being rendered on a MacBook Pro (Late 2013 top spec, i7 quadcore 2,6, 16GB ram, GT750M 2GB), medium quality, 1024x768, with a snapshot taken at 30 minutes. It's still going, about 40 minutes now, not much difference in quality, so a way to…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preview UV Map

I'd like to be able to preview the UV Maps of the object and do some changes to the UV map.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use Rulers

Can we get rulers?

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Users to Sell 3D Models on Adobe Stock

How can i sell my own OBJ's on Adobe Stock for people to use?

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Step and Repeat (Clone/Array)

It would be very usefull if designers could "step and repeat" objects in 3 dimensions to create a "store" visualisation effect. Important issue is that only one object can be modified. If the "master" object is changed, all objects in the "step and repeat" group should be automatically updated.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for 3D Printing

STL files and dimensions (metric and imperial) for 3D printing. Manipulation of shapes from anchor points not just scaling. Extruding off of faces
    Separate a group of faces from an object to produce 2 different solids without the use of subtraction.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! Just as an FYI we generally track each feature individually, so we do have suggestions for STL support and add/subtract meshes to make new shapes, for example. Might suggest voting on those!

3D printing is definitely something we’re keeping in mind!

11. Better Selection Tools (Marquee, Lasso, Paint Select)

Specifically selecting just parts of the model to be able to have different textures or cut out part of the model perhaps. See attached for an idea of what might be accomplished with this. Please give me feedback on if this is already a feature. Thank you.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! We definitely want to allow for much more customized selections in the future. You said you’d like to cut out part of the model as well, can you say more about what you mean? Do you want to ‘cut it out’ as a new model?

12. .dae support

It seems like i can, but when i choose the file i want to import and click open it never apears.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vehicle Models

Vehicles: Would be fantastic if you could make car models available for vehicle wraps. Or at least the option to import blueprints/renderings of them.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Orthographic Projection

Orthographic projection for camera in the camera properties

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Documents or Scenes Open

Being able to open multiple instances of the application or work on multiple scenes during rendering.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple monitor support

When using multiple monitors, i would like to move my pallets to a second monitor.. it seems they are locked into the single view mode. I would especially like to see the preview window moved off of my art-board. some people utilize more than one monitor and would like to see their designs in full screen.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We (Adobe as a whole) are considering the next generation of User Interfaces, so this is a discussion that is being taken very seriously across the company. I’d love specific examples of the things you like to dock/undock and why.

17. Auto-Save

Crashes Then Corrupts Original File - We NEED AUTO Backups!!

If we had automatic backups, my 5 hours of work would not be lost. Felix IS the next major player in the 3D modeling market so this is a MUST HAVE safety feature.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! Definitely a great suggestion and something the team is considering heavily right now. It didn’t make our first few beta releases, but it’s on our roadmap for sure. I’ll let you know when we’re closer. :)

18. 3D Mouse support

I have a SpaceNavigator from 3Dconnexion and I'd like to use it for camera movement

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Decals as smart objects when rendering to PSD files.

One of my client has multiple products with the same bottle but different labels. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to explore having the decal of a rendered model become its own smart object when rendering to a PSD file. Switching the image in the smart object out for each new product as opposed to rendering the same products over and over with a different label would be a real time saver.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’d love to know here if rendering was faster would you prefer smart objects in Dimension so you can place the new graphics in 3D? The reason I ask is mostly because if we bake the materials and lighting down to 2D there’s a bit more limitation on what you could do with the PS smart object. For example replacing the packaging label wouldn’t update to show in reflections or refractions in the rest of the scene. Is that an okay limitation?

20. Import new object to same X,Y,Z orientation as current selection

Here is the proposed workflow:
    1. Select an object in Dimension that you've placed
    2. Go up to File>import> 3D Object and click to start the import process
    3. Imported object is set at the exact coordinates of the previously selected object, and is now the selected object in your scene.
    4.You can now make minor X,Y,Z location changes to the new object in order to have it match your vision of the composition.

Current process
    1. write down all of the coordinates for your currently selected object.
    2. Go up to File>import> 3D Object and click to start the…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Very interesting. I’m curious what the core thing you’re trying to do is, though.

Do you want it to import to the same location so that it’s visible because your camera is looking one way and it’s importing behind you? Or is it more about composition, like you’re placing it near that object so want to start there?

Currently we always import objects to the origin of the scene (0,0,0) because different objects might be broken into pieces but intended to align that way. Some other options could be:
    - Import to selection as you described above
    - Import to center of current view
    - Not at import but have additional controls for “move to this object” or “center to my view” type of functionality.

Lots possible here, and none of it is particularly hard, so more understanding the why you want this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base