Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding Another Horizon/Grid

The ability to add a new level/horizon/layer of grid, for example to lay objects out as if on a set of shelves, would be a great help, please

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Redner Completed Phone/Text Alerts

It would be great if Dimension CC count notify my phone when a render is finished. with like a txt or an email or something....

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shadow mat material to catch shadows (or support for additional ground planes)

I do a lot of custom sign design (room sponsorships, donor walls, etc), and produce 3D renderings of them composited into reference photos I take of where the sign will be installed.

The quality of materials and rendering in Adobe Dimension really has me intrigued, but I need a way to place the 3D model vertically and catch the rendered shadow as if it was set against a wall.

In other software, I create a plane with a shadow mat material to catch the shadow, which is then rendered directly on top of the reference photo set as a background…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gradient options for background

It would be interesting to be able to degrade (gradient) in the background instead of a single color!

---

Edited by moderator for non-English posting. This community is English only.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export/Import Cameras

Export camera to fbx feature please!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sculpting

If there's a way to create a sculpt mode where the model was more like clay that would be extremely useful for more organic shapes. A great example of what I'm talking about is Mudbox. It would probably need to support tablets first. It would also be great to have this feature connected to CC brushes etc.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make each object a new layer in PSD, instead all on just 1 single layer.

All objects on a canvas are rendered as one PSD layer only. This is not good, pardon me, but it can be annoying to work with the selection tool for each and every object and detail when wanting to change sth in Photoshop.

(I noticed there was this topic already, yet closed for insuffucient support, I can hardly imagine that there are only two people requesting it.)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think that one was closed because there was no description confirming that it was talking about layers in the PSD render. Your thoughts are much clearer! :)

This is something we’ve heard frequently actually and we are investigating.

8. Improve Import for .mtl Materials

I just started digging around in Project Felix and it is kind of a huge time safer for me, as I often have to put 3D Models into pictures for clients, also for animating them further in AE and in Cinema 4D this takes a lot of time - BUT I often get the 3D models with an .mtl Material or just a Cinema 4D file.

It would be great to be able to import those models with their materials right into Project Felix.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! We actually already do this (to some degree)!

If you have an .obj with an .mtl and associated textures Felix will read it and import the textures along with the file. However, there are definitely some bugs with this, we haven’t caught all the cases by any means. We do a conversion into our own material system, so the materials aren’t a direct 1-1.

What would be great is if you can submit a ticket with your file for testing. The more use cases we have, the better we can explore and fix all the cases from different programs. It would be for testing only, not distributed or used in any way. If not possible, that’s okay too, we’re working on it, but examples help!

9. Cut Tool to Split Models

There needs to be a way to cut or splice the model to create points that can be stretched, rotated or moved from the object separate from the rest of it.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. export to cubic VR

It would be amazing to be able to import skybox cubic background images and also export flattened cubic images from your final scene.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. History - Clickable & Action-able

Similar to Photoshop, a clickable list of the history of alterations.

I have always wanted in Photoshop (and now desire it in Felix) the ability to select some of the History and make it an "action" which I could use on other objects in scene or in new scenes.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Importing Gif and exporting Gif animations

We can add creative feature and allow to place or use as materials GIF files (Gif animations) ...also exporting them as Gif Animation

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Separate Camera Objects

Having the camera as a 3D object in the scene

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Decal UI

adding decal is easy, resizing it is difficult. Why the hell does the size say "1,800%"? 1 point 8 percent? When iI drag the slider it ads TINY increments so it takes forever to enlarge the decal. :-(

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Material Settings by Alpha / Masks

I'd like to be able to use alpha channels to make certain parts reflective and other parts matte finish

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Warp Properties for image (decal)

It would be nice to have warp functions in the properties for images. I'm trying to wrap a coffee cup and the image curves upward and doesn't join at the two ends. If you could key stone the image it would accommodate for the conical nature of the cup shape.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color Management

Colormanagement inclusion would be nice

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. import glTF/glb files

Could it be possible to the support of glTF/glb format in the list?

I guess that this new file format will become the next 'JPEG" for 3D.
    It's already supported natively on Windows 10 and will become one of the favorite format to be able to be imported in Office365.

So editing thes files in Dimension could be mandatory soon or later

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto-Save

How to save your work when the progamm crashes or freezes

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Environment Object Models for Animation

Created 3D props should have the ability to be exported to After Effects, Character Animator, or Photoshop Vanishing Point in order to be used as scene props in animation. This would be amazingly helpful when attempting to create multi-camera shots of the same scene without having to reanimate the angles/perspective of 2D objects. Dynamic linking could allow for DImension, Fuse and After Effects cameras to create real-time 3D environments for modeling and animation. Lastly, you guys rock! Thank you for all of your hard work!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion! Just to clarify with a specific ask, you’re looking for an export format of some type that would save your entire 3D scene in a way that could be read and shared between Dimension/After Effects, for example. Is that correct?

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base