Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Animation Support

Keyframes for creating animations

138 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

53 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all, just wanted to give a little update on Animation for Dimension. We believe animation is an important part of working with 3D and do plan to include animation features in the future, however it will not be for 2019. Likely this will start in 2020 but I’ll update as we get closer!

2. Save Custom Materials

After editing a material or adding textures to create my own it would be great to save the material for reuse in other projects.

127 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with After Effects

Integrate in some way with after effects so we can use 3d in motion rather than just in stills.

110 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! While it’s a bit too early to give specifics, I wanted to say interop with After Effects is planned.

I’ve seen some users doing it already by exporting the 3D object from Dimension in .obj and other formats, then importing to Ae and plugins like Video CoPilot.

A more direct integration is something we’d love to do!

4. Separate Photoshop Shadow Layer

When rendering to a layered Photoshop file, it would be extremely helpful to have the Object on one layer and the Cast Shadow on a separate layer. This will allow a designer the ability to manipulate shading and integrate it better into the picture. I have worked in 3D for many years (multiple programs) and this separate layered technique is one of the most used by artists and extremely powerful.

102 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know we do plan to add more layers to the .psd output including shadow/light passes, reflection and some other helpful bits. I’ll keep you updated as we get closer on this one.

5. Glow effect, Light radiance

perhaps when rendering glowing objects, (at a high setting) if there could be some light effects shinning off the surface of the glow? currently it just renders a start white edge and casts light over near by surfaces. it would look nicer if the object look closer to light, not just a solid color.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto-Save

Crashes Then Corrupts Original File - We NEED AUTO Backups!!

If we had automatic backups, my 5 hours of work would not be lost. Felix IS the next major player in the 3D modeling market so this is a MUST HAVE safety feature.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! Definitely a great suggestion and something the team is considering heavily right now. It didn’t make our first few beta releases, but it’s on our roadmap for sure. I’ll let you know when we’re closer. :)

7. Add depth to decals

Depth slider for decals as seen in Keyshot

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cloth Assembly and Simulation

I've recently worked in two Design Projects that involved cloth of some sorts. One of them, that was a complete challenge and, though it won 1rst Prize in a National Design Contest, the cloth component still looks horrible on the renders.

Trying to model the cloth part and get it together with the SolidWorks wooden parts was the biggest challenge here. I had to do it manually, polygon by polygon, within the time limit, and figure out a way to get everything together.

Would there be any possibility of modelling cloth physics on Felix and allow for an easier manipulation…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At some point we do plan to have cloth functionality in Dimension. I’m updating the status here because we’ve actually got some progress on our physics engine with our first physics feature (drop to ground) and have some more in the works. So this has matured enough I feel like I can publically say we’ll do cloth at some point! It’s probably still a while out though. I’ll update when we’re closer to starting work on that area particularly.

9. Custom Pivot Points

Can we can we add additional pivot points? Like bottom left, top right, etc.?

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Render Pause Button

I could see it being beneficial to have a pause button on the rendering process.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remember save location

remember folder saved to

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update shared 3D scene without changing its link

When I first share a model using the new Publish 3D Scene, I get a link I can send to my clients, that's great. If I later alter the models/cameras/decals/etc and publish it again, the original scene file in Creative Cloud is updated, that also great because it means there won't be dozens of duplicates for every alteration I make.

What's not so great is that every time I do publish I'm given a new link, meaning I always need to send my clients a new link for every revision. I'd like to be able to update the published scene…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import Subdivision Surfaces

I bought a 3D model and imported the .obj. A perfect circle looks like it was drawn with a ruler. I don't think it's a problem in the file (the previews of the model in de shop look great) but I think it's the combination with Adobe Dimension.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This model was likely made with a technique called “Subdivision surfaces”. This technique means that the user models a low poly model and then applies a modifier that divides each piece of the model into new pieces, and autosmooths between the new divides.

Dimension doesn’t support subdivision surfaces today, so when you import it, we lose that information and can only import the original geometry.

Support for subdivision surfaces is something we’d like to add, though I don’t have a time estimate on it.

You can ‘bake’ the subdivision surfaces into geometry before exporting from the original modeling tool to have it come into Dimension properly.

14. Integrate with Substance Painter from Dimension

Since acquiring Substance, it would be awesome to have the ability to edit your current model in substance then bring it back into dimension to set it up in your scene and render it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for PSD layer mask

Hello, i'm trying to place a psd file with a layer mask into Dimension to create realistic shadow effects for this cut out image/object. When i place the psd on a plane (as image carrier) in Dimension, the alpha channel, i.e. the black part of the mask, is not transparent but rendered in a grey color, thus the whole plane casts a shadow, not just the mask. This functionality appears to be essential and easy to implement ?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. offset texture interactively

It could be valuable if we can have the transform gizmo of the decal also ifor shader's texture.

And also
    It could be valuable to unlink diffuse and normal maps transformations.
    Sometimes diffuse maps and texture maps don't have the same "physical" size...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add name of current view display

Is it possible to add to the interface the name of the curent view we are in, switching views is nice but after switching many times you can get lost.

(Top view) (Front Right) ...

thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 levels of decomposition of a text object

Played a little bit with the newest version, I realize i'd need something about text :

2 levels of decomposition of a text object would be appreciated :
    1. Turn 1 line of text into multiple glyphs-text
    2. Then turn 1 glyph text into mesh object.

If you can make it through a keyboard shortcut, (alt clic on the decomposition icon), that would help. Maybe most people directly need step 2. I realize I love to be able to edit each character.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback! We have some great plans around breaking text objects out into separate lines and glyphs with more control and in a more non-destructive way.

For now you can use the “Convert to Standard Model” action in the action panel to break each glyph into standard mesh objects.

19. Switching Modes from Render to Design forgets selected render views...

Render Settings: Keep the "most recent" views selected when switching back to the Design tab. Currently, going back to Design resets this selection list every time to Current View, and I am constantly forgetting to re-check everything before hitting render.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Default render export path & filename to the same filename and path as the background image.

Usually when working on a project you open the background image from a certain folder and want to save your render to that same folder. It would be a lot easier to have the default save path be the path that you opened your background image from and ideally maintain the same filename.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base