Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 30 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! I wanted to provide an update on this to share some work and some thought.

First, we do not plan to allow the “Starter Assets” panel to be customizable. This is just a collection of things we’re providing as a starting point for download and we hope to actually move this to a cloud based service so we can offer more free options with collections that users could choose from instead of having to shove everything into the installer. The Starter Asset panel means that even when you’re getting a functional update, you have to download about 500MB of content every time. So we’d like to move away from this long term.

However, we see CC Libraries as a great service for storing your assets and using them across products and devices. We know not all users have access or like to use CC Libraries so we also…

2. Import Blender .blend files

Please integrate with blender as its a great tool for 3D modeling used alot by everyone that will benefit from Felix.. In my opinion it its critical this is done as right now nothing from blender imported to Felix , works. or crashes the whole thing.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can export models from Blender as .fbx, .obj .stl, or .skp (the supported formats for Dimension) to bring the models themselves into Dn. Right now full support of a .blend scene (including lights, cameras, etc.) is not planned.

3. Windows 7.

Original Comment: Add support for Windows 7. Otherwise, I have your application in a coffin seen as Windows 10. Do it will not use, you lose users.

---

Edited by Moderator: Community is English only.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Just wanted to follow up on a few comments here:

Adobe believes strongly in supporting cross platform and cross device workflows and we strive to be inclusive for multiple OS types and versions. As a company we are pushing to standardize support for all applications on multiple devices and OS but there is no guarantee that as a Creative Cloud member you will have equal access to all applications.

Development of new applications in particular (Project or Beta type applications) is more likely to be limited than a ‘full’ app.

For Project Felix in particular, we are using technology that does not work on Windows 7. We made the choice to support only Windows 10 as it allowed us to take advantage of newer technologies.

Windows 8 and 8.1 are possible to be supported, but are not a priority at this time as the usage numbers are very…

4. 3ds .MAX Format

Import of Autodesk 3ds .MAX files - straight without any conversion

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we do plan on adding support for more file formats, 3ds MAX, Maya, Blender, C4D and other application specific scene files are not currently planned. We may re-evaluate in the future, but for now we are focused on adding non-app specific format support such as FBX, OBJ, IGES, etc.

5. Project Felix for Windows 8.1

I would like to know if adobe plans on making File available for windows 8.1

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Build into current Adobe Apps - Not as Standalone

Keep at it - but until you can compete with more serious 3D applications, you might want to pull this and hand it back to R&D.

I choose to view this experiment as a tech demo of new features that will be incorporated into Adobe's existing product lines. As a new feature in After Effects, this would be a great direction in which to explore, but as a stand-alone application it just doesn't hold up to what I have come to expect from Adobe.

I'm left struggling to figure out who would ever use this app. When I need to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add specular control in the material

I have some situations where I want to control the specular level in a material besides the roughness and metallic. There a cases like a fabric with a decal on top that you need to reduce the specular on the fabric and increase where is tinted, that is different from the metalness or roughness.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Putting JPEGS "inside" materials/objects

I wish you'd be able to put JPEGS inside materials, example: liquid inside a plastic or glass cup. or using JPEG photo to add food inside food bag

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this is an interesting idea, it is not easy. The general approach would be:

1 – Create 3D objects to put into the bag/cup such as candies, food, etc.
    2 – Create a basic ‘plane’ object and map the image to the plane
    3 – Use a simulation system to fill it with real water and other liquids.

1. and #2 you can do today and #3 we may investigate in the far future.

Unfortunately materials themselves are not 3D, they are 2D information on the surface of the model, so it’s not easy to tell it to put an image ‘inside’.

9. adobe stock cart

In adobe stock, I want to be able to save a bunch of items in my cart before checking out. I want to curate

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add axis color to properties panel

could you add axis marks, sometimes it makes user confuse. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Recover Overwritten Files

Unfortunately i've overwritten a .dn file. :,(
    It would be great if there is an opportunity to reset to default.

I also miss the option to add custom lights.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear about your overwrite! :( Unfortunately if you’ve manually chosen to overwrite a file there’s not too much we can do about it besides provide the first warning as we do currently.

We could do something like an auto-save where we keep a few copies of your document over time so you could at least jump back to the last one we had, but usually auto-save is not unique per document so you’d have a limited window to get your file back, likely.

I’m going to mark this idea as not planned since it’s not really something we can do, but auto-save is something we’re considering.

12. Sliders for Position/Scale/Rotate

Sliders for object properties like position scale and rotation would be easier than entering numberical values sometimes. I've been having trouble grabbing the object with the mouse without grabbing other objects by mistake.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Having slider interfaces for some numbers is difficult because there is no limitation on the scene size. We can’t really have a slider from 0-100, for example, because your XYZ positions might be 10,000 depending on how the scene was made.

However, you can click and drag on the label for numerical inputs to treat them like sliders. IE, for position click on the “X” label then drag to slide the object on the X axis.

13. Medium-small preview window at the corner

Faster Render times and a more accruate veiw. Maybe a

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Import Image from URL

In the background there should be an option to fetch the image directly from web as an Url. USer has to leave the app to get this done

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base