Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide specific details. Why is this feature valuable to you? Give an example of how you would use it in a workflow.

Feature Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • More Lighting Options

The lighting from an image works wonderfully. I still would like to have the option to add additional spotlights and ambient lights (with choice of light color and intensity etc) to the scene.

35 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Design Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! I wanted to give a little update on lighting now that Project Felix 0.3 is released!

Lighting continues to be a key element in building realistic 3D renders and providing creative freedom. We intend to build out more custom lighting in the future but have added some new features to Project Felix 0.3 – available from Creative Cloud as of July 19th, 2017.

- Sunlight: The new Sunlight option mimics real-world sun, giving strong directional lighting, options for cloudiness and intensity, and changes color from bright blue-white at high rotations to yellow-red at low rotations.
        - Colorization: You can now colorize both the sunlight and Image Based Light turning any image into a tinted environment. The combination of colorizing both the IBL and the Sunlight can give a lot of creative freedom in the look of your renders.

I’ll update this again when we have more lighting news…

• Separate Photoshop Shadow Layer

When rendering to a layered Photoshop file, it would be extremely helpful to have the Object on one layer and the Cast Shadow on a separate layer. This will allow a designer the ability to manipulate shading and integrate it better into the picture. I have worked in 3D for many years (multiple programs) and this separate layered technique is one of the most used by artists and extremely powerful.

42 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know we’ve started work on adding more layers to the .psd output including shadow/light passes, reflection and some other helpful bits. I’ll keep you updated as we get closer on this one.

• Live Updating Material Thumbnails

After changing the properties of a material the thumbnail in the document doesn't change to reflect the new colors or look.

Also, after loading a model or saving and reloading the Felix .asd file the thumbnails all turn into "?" icons.

Building a way for the application to show live thumbnails of the current materials instead of a static picture will help with these issues!

6 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! I wanted to share that we’ve started work on this. In the next release of Felix materials will generate their own thumbnails rather than using the one they came with. This will also fix the issue with loaded materials showing up as unknown (?) icons.

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base