Feature Request Details

GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

88 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Hey everyone, realized I haven’t updated here in a little while. There’s a lot getting ready for our next Dimension release (2.0 comin’ atcha soon!). I don’t have details to share yet, but we did some architectural work and are actively investigating GPU support. It won’t be available in 2.0, but we’re laying the ground work and we’ll update you as we move forward.

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maxim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Jeanette... Thanks for your quick reply! That limit would be good if it means nothing, will probably save Adobe a few headaches too as users may react badly, as I did. I found that while Dimension was rendering then even trying to type an email was next to impossible as letters would just randomly print to screen. Once Dimensions was closed all was good. I've rendered with ZBrush, Daz3D and photoshop and I don't get the same issue.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Maxim - just a note that that is the way the resources are reported for multiple cores. For example a 4 core CPU would report up to 400%. You probably have a 10-core processor using 100%. Rendering generally uses 100% of all available resources to do it faster. We can put in a limit at % if you want!

• Maxim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is using a stupid amount of resource at the moment 1098% of CPU resource (seems to be going quantum on my system).
        MacPro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 64GB
        Hope this gets fixed too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jeanette, GPU Rendering was/is/will be very important I think. Without GPU Rendering your customers (myself too) are forced to use other software from other manufactors. It would be nice if this feature coming soon!

• Rough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is laughable - 3d rendering application without planned GPU rendering support - what's next, Adobe? - new app for drawing without pen support? "We are focusing on improving mouse-based drawing at this time"?

• Simon Weaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If rendering is going to be this slow until 2019 at least let me zoom in on the progress of the frame and pan it around. Having to click the stupid camera icon to export the progress is just annoying.

• Maurice Baradari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GPU its a must, my GPU is sleeping when Dimension is Rendering, that makes no sence. Every good 3D Software have this option to change between CPU and GPU.

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any roadmap plan to add GPU rendering? Feel like this is a must have feature over anything else.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can afford this software you likely have an excellent workstation with a gpu.

• Warwick Metcalfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No GPG rendering is a bit of a deal breaker for real use of dm in 2018 - promising tool but too expensive time wise waiting for render results ... back to max 😞 - good luck with the build!

V-Ray Render engine is poor, sry to say that. Use Renderman or Maxwel ... Just use unbiased raytraycer... this is the future.

Sorry but after realizing Dimension is CPU biased render engine I was super disapointed about this product. How couldn't ADOBE use the CUDA drivers to render??? not nice at all... not adobe standard at all...

• Paul Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not agree more. CPU rending is a very bad option. Had a job offer 54 product renders. Adobe Dimension would take nearly 7 days to render.

Not up to the Adobe high standards.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loving the app. Still figuring it out. I have a GTX 1080 TI graphics card and would love to make that do all the hard rendering work since it has 11gb to work with. How do I change rendering from the CPU to the GPU? Thanks!

So bury then this piece of software without GPU-rendering or any other way of faster rendering. Where is the point of waiting hours for a simple render with 3000 by 3000 pixels? BTW PS ist not faster.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my vote for GPU rendering. Will love to try out this software

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, makes sense.. Will Apples metal 2 be used as well? I'd rather wait and get great performance than have it rushed out.. Maybe by this time next year we can really put Dimension to the test!! Until then hopefully we can get the ability to create our own materials, lights etc... time will tell.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base