Feature Request Details

GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

49 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, top and what will get released are not always the same. :) GPU is one of our top priorities, it's just going to take some time. We're working on performance and improvements to the current features for our next release. You can also use this User Voice site to see what's Planned and Started.

• jmlg12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Can you share what are the 5 features on the top of your list?

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being someone who has to work with CPU rendering, i can't wait till i can utilize my 1080ti. Please, please, please make it a priority!!

• Michael F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those wondering: GPUs are much more parallel than CPUs which were not built to render. CPUs provide very general, flexible computing while GPUs can only handle much simpler, basic tasks but on a significantly larger scale. When calculating a scene to many pixels, you don't need to have the full flexibility of a CPU, but you do need it to power many computations quickly. Even basic Intel integrated GPUs should theoretically perform much better than i5 or i7 CPUs.

And yes, many professional graphic designers who intend to use CUDA processing and video editing will have dedicated GPU cards, along with everyone who designs in 3D.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, a GPU rendering option would be awesome. I wouldn't force GPU rendering on everyone, but instead provide the option of using CPU vs. GPU. As it stands, only people with insanely beefy CPUs would get decent render times using the current renderer. I've got a good CPU (i5 8600K), but at 1 thread for each of its 6 cores, using Adobe Dimension's low-quality and low-res render setting, it's too slow to be usable on anything but the most basic scenes.

Otherwise, Dimension is a very cool little product!

Can you improve use of CUDA on 3rd part video card (like Nvidia Titan X or 1080Ti) for use on macpro or Hackintosh
        The rendering for example is a little bit slow and has not a big request on the GC.
        maybe the ability like on photoshop to run the software with or without an gpu.

• SkyDrifter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rendering large files that takes longer then 30 minutes puts a lot stress on cpu pushing it to100% and GPU will take stress of cpu balancing load and push faster rendering time.

• Liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I used Felix for the first time last night, its quite good for quick sketching but the rendering times are painfully slow. I created a simple scene and rendered it out at only 2k*1k and it took over 9 hours. As a test I created a similar scene and rendered it out in a GPU based render software and it only took 44 mins to render the scene in 4k when using my CPU and GPU together. As I usually render out for work projects I aim as high as 10k renders with an average time of 4 hours per frame. When do you plan on releasing GPU support, once that is available I can see this becoming a handy tool for pre-visualisation.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a must to become useful to me; Please implement this feature!

Implementation of graphics card and CUDA technology as the rest of the adobe suite does. Rendering out at the moment appears to be using all CPU and no GPU at the moment

support for nvidia gpu's (or all gpu's in general) , especially nvidia geforce gtx 850m. also a render progress bar would be great.
        still a lot of work to do on the program, but it will be awesome when it's done!

• Tiago Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really AWESOME if we could use GPU accelerated graphics rendering! I have a GTX 1070 and I would really benefit from using it for Felix instead of relying completely on the Intel i7 CPU. Those who use Quadros would even be more grateful!

Its very slow rendering. It should use the GPUs power to speed up rendering like OTOY's Octane renderer.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base