Feature Request Details

GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

73 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Warwick Metcalfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No GPG rendering is a bit of a deal breaker for real use of dm in 2018 - promising tool but too expensive time wise waiting for render results ... back to max 😞 - good luck with the build!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

V-Ray Render engine is poor, sry to say that. Use Renderman or Maxwel ... Just use unbiased raytraycer... this is the future.

Sorry but after realizing Dimension is CPU biased render engine I was super disapointed about this product. How couldn't ADOBE use the CUDA drivers to render??? not nice at all... not adobe standard at all...

• Paul Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not agree more. CPU rending is a very bad option. Had a job offer 54 product renders. Adobe Dimension would take nearly 7 days to render.

Not up to the Adobe high standards.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loving the app. Still figuring it out. I have a GTX 1080 TI graphics card and would love to make that do all the hard rendering work since it has 11gb to work with. How do I change rendering from the CPU to the GPU? Thanks!

So bury then this piece of software without GPU-rendering or any other way of faster rendering. Where is the point of waiting hours for a simple render with 3000 by 3000 pixels? BTW PS ist not faster.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my vote for GPU rendering. Will love to try out this software

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, makes sense.. Will Apples metal 2 be used as well? I'd rather wait and get great performance than have it rushed out.. Maybe by this time next year we can really put Dimension to the test!! Until then hopefully we can get the ability to create our own materials, lights etc... time will tell.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did correctly mean 2018. GPU rendering may be available late 2018 or into 2019. As some background, we are using a relatively new type of material (.MDL from Nvidia) and the V-Ray rendering engine. There's a lot of work we have to do with V-Ray to get the material fully represented. In addition we have to work with Apple since V-Ray GPU rendering is currently Windows only. There's just a lot of cross-partner work, so takes more time.

• Jeff Korzeniowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeanette, you posted "No time estimate to share at this point on GPU rendering. We’re actively exploring but there are a lot of components and it’s not likely to happen for 2018." Do you mean 2017 or are you saying that GPU will not be out untill 2019? This seems to be a long time away.

• Tank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, GPU, was worried about the slow renders until I realized it wasn't using my GPU.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, top and what will get released are not always the same. :) GPU is one of our top priorities, it's just going to take some time. We're working on performance and improvements to the current features for our next release. You can also use this User Voice site to see what's Planned and Started.

• jmlg12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Can you share what are the 5 features on the top of your list?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base