Feature Request Details

GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

83 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SAMUEL IP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Dries Vervoort at least most graphic designers I know have reasonably spec'd GPUs, maybe not top-of-the-line cards a la those usually found in film editors or 3D artists, but having the support of GPU rendering for a entry level 3D design app is going to make things slightly easier!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Project felix is using Gpu for rendering ? I feel that is to slow to use it right now. I have a nvidia gtx 970.

I am unsure if Felix currently uses GPU optimization, if not could that be an option, or at least shown in the settings.

• David Prendergast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GPU processing offers massive advantages for rendering. It does however restrict users who do no have modern GPUs. SolidWorks Visualise allows for final rendering to be done by the GPU yet allows the CPU to remain relatively free for processing background tasks as normal.

Having the option to enable the GPU to render would be a massive benefit for me.

GPU raytracing has several advantages, as you know:
        - It´s faster
        - you can raytrace "on the fly": That means, whatever you do, raytracing happens at the same time (during model rotation, light changes, material changes etc. ) Of course, it´s grainy then, but at least you see what you´ll get. GPU raytracing is a game changer.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question: This App won't render with my GPU I have a GTX 980 TI any ideas?

If you have GPU raytracing, please let´s have a possibility, where it´s done "on the fly". V-Ray and others can do that. So you can actually work in a GPU driven raytracing mode (for example change 3D model rotation, change lights, change materials etc.) and you see everything raytraced all the time (while you work) in the window, where you actually work.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base