Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stuck on Start Screen

I've downloaded Adobe Dimension, app starts and I get the introduction panel, as shown in image. The preview video works, the two options; "create a new project" and "start a guided tour" do not open. When either option is selected, the black triangular pointer with blue loading circle appears but program seems to get stuff at that point.

99 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

256 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Apologies with the resurgence of this issue for Dimension 3.2. For anyone experiencing being stuck on the start screen for Dimension 3.2, please send us your Dimension.log file!

DimensionGPUProfiler.log
    Dimension.log

You can locate these here:

Mac : ~/Library⁩/Logs⁩/Adobe/Dimension.log⁩
    Win: ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

You can send to tickets@projectfelix.uservoice.com

2. Canvas is Blank Gray

The objects do not appear, they look as if they are invisible

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We realize that this has continued to be an issue for many over the years. The general cause of this problem is that the hardware isn’t supported.

Try updating your video card drivers. Often this is enough to get it working.

We’re also doing some overhauls to our system this year that may improve this, will update when more information is available!

3. File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Another status update on this. We believe we’ve resolved the issue with being unable to load previously saved files in 2.3. We hope to ship this fix next week, but if you need immediate access you can join the Dimension Prerelease Program using this link:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985/participate/7A1DBA5A-6CF2-4023-EE2F-3CA7B25DF3BE

Once you’re on the Prerelease website, simply download the Dimension build marked “2.3.1 – r.1054” which contains the fix. It should open any files that weren’t working before.

4. Render Freeze and Crash

Upon Rending medium resolution 16bit PSD file, the render freezes at approximately 50% and upon stopping the render an error message occurs and the program closes. Saved files are not able to be reloaded and have to be remade.

Using Windows 10.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not Rendering and Needs Application Restart

Whenever I try to render something--anything!--it either needs "application restart" or it just loads everything into the memory...which then sits there...doing nothing...ever. Anyway, here is the log that it claims I should use in a bug report. I don't know what's going wrong. :(

Just for the record, I'm using Windows 10, fully updated, and my system meets and most often beats all recommended settings for running Dimension. And yes, all drivers are up-to-date and all CC apps are up to date. Every other CC app I use works beautifully--my system can run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Bridge ALL AT…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 16 bit background file

I stumbled upon this while making my renders :
    The beginners files proposes a very nice gradient too use as a background. I love it.

Except it's a 8bit subtle gradient.

Which means it has "banding" effects, which you can solve in 2 ways :
    — adding some noise;
    — or turning this image 16bit.

Since Dn exports 16bit images, wouldn't it be "cleaner" to propose a clean file to users (esp. beginners) ?

To go further, why not offering it as a psd with an editable gradient , and maybe a noise smartfilter on top ?

I know you…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visual Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Material Import -- .mdl file not being read?

I have an .obj, .mdl, .mtl, and a folder full of .png files that are referenced in the .mdl file. When I import the .obj file, it brings in the material, but not all of the "graphic" .png files. I have to open up each model (it's a skeleton, lots of bones!) and apply the graphic for every single model. I noticed by looking at the .mdl file, that it properly references the file locations/names for the "graphics", but doesn't use them. I'm attaching the obj, mdl and mtl files. If you want me to attach .png files, let me…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blocks in Rendering and Crashes

Since i have updated to latest version, rendering often crashes and in some cases i have white "blocks" in the final rending (PNG or PS). Tested on Win10 and OSX.
    Same scene in previous version works fine (see renderings)
    Seems that current version is a bit buggy!?
    This is a pity because the handling has improved a lot in the new version and the rendering is double(!) so fast ...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to open Sketchup .skp file

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to Open a Saved File

I have a dilemma!
    When I open a 3D, previously saved, it no longer opens it to me (it works only with some, not all), but if the amount works.
    I was dating it under another name and it no longer works. If the amount still works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For anyone who is unable to open a saved file, please email us directly at tickets@adobedimension.com with the following information:

First, double check, are you part of the Dimension beta and prerelease programs? If so, please double check that the file was NOT created with a prerelease version. The test versions of software do not have finished features in place, so the file format is not compatible with the live builds that we release.

If the file you’re trying to open was saved in an official version of Dimension, then please send me the saved .dn scene that is having the issue. You can attach scenes under 20MB directly to your email. If the file is larger than 20MB, please upload it to a file sharing service such as Adobe Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox, WeShare, OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar.

12. Share 3D Scene for Review includes DELETED camera bookmarks.

A DN file contains several camera bookmarks, over time working on the file bookmarks are deleted, updated and renamed. After saving the DN file with just two bookmarks and selecting File > Share 3D Scene for Review, the scene is uploaded to Adobe Cloud and a link provided for viewing.

When viewing the link, the browser viewer shows old deleted camera bookmarks as well as the two bookmarks that existed in the last save.

See screen shots attached. As you can see the DN file only has "Front" and "Back" camera bookmarks. But the browser viewer is showing 7 bookmarks,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. don't see background image after loading

I load a background image and it doesn't show. Drag a model onto scene and that doesn't show either

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. .PNG file renders a lot darker and saturated than mock up lighting or .PSD

after rendering .PNG file, it appears a lot darker than the set up lighting, or the .PSD file that is rendered.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Crashing when applying material to stock model

New default scene - added 'drawstring bag' model to scene - added 'weave fabric' material to model. Dimension crashes......

Application Retart Needed !

log file attached...

Macbook Pro 13" late 2011 OSX Sierra 16gb RAM

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Render Time jumps at 50%

The display of the estimated speaking time jumps at about 50% from 0:01 sec (almost finished), to a higher number at over 50% and then to run towards zero. This is very confusing (especially for beginners).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cameraposition 0°,y,0° at 0,y,0 crashs DN

If you set a camera position to 0°,y,0° at point 0,y,0, the program DN (2.2.1.) collapses under MacOS 10.14.5 (MacBookPro 2012). See Screenshot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Toggle grid keyboard shortcut not working (MacOs)

Build 3.3-20200608.r.2422-5769982
    Running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, MacBook Pro 15" 2019

I can use View > Toggle Grid to turn the grid on and off. But the keyboard shortcut of Command-' doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm not sure if this is new, as I only occasionally turn the grid off, but today I needed to do that and noticed this oddity. The command key modifier does work with the tools and in other UI parts of Dimension (for example, Command-Z to undo, Command-Select to override group select.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dimension 3.3 still doesnt work on Mac Pro 2010, 12 Core, x5690, 96GB DDR3 1333 MHz ram with RX580 8GB GPU

Dimension 3.3 still doesnt work on Mac Pro 2010, 12 Core, x5690, 96GB DDR3 1333 MHz ram with RX580 8GB GPU

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base