Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stuck on Start Screen

I've downloaded Project Felix, app starts and I get the introduction panel, as shown in image. The preview video works, the two options; "create a new project" and "start a guided tour" do not open. When either option is selected, the black triangular pointer with blue loading circle appears but program seems to get stuff at that point.

84 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

243 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve resolved some past issues of some users not being able to use Dimension, however there is a known issue still remaining.

Video cards that do not support a specific instruction set (AVX/AVX2) will not be able to run Dimension. This is primarily video cards from early 2012 or earlier.

At this time our System Requirements checker is unable to ‘catch’ this and leads to the application crashing on the Start Screen when the New Document or Get Started buttons are clicked.

At this time we are unable to fix this issue or catch to throw an error. We are continuing investigation on this.

2. File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Another status update on this. We believe we’ve resolved the issue with being unable to load previously saved files in 2.3. We hope to ship this fix next week, but if you need immediate access you can join the Dimension Prerelease Program using this link:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985/participate/7A1DBA5A-6CF2-4023-EE2F-3CA7B25DF3BE

Once you’re on the Prerelease website, simply download the Dimension build marked “2.3.1 – r.1054” which contains the fix. It should open any files that weren’t working before.

3. Bugged Taskbar Icon

Taskbar icon has a black line through it....
    I am running Win 10, Version 1703, Build 15063.786
    Has been that way since i installed it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all! Unfortunately we haven’t had any luck in fixing this issue so far. I’m wondering if everyone can let me know what version of Windows you’re using?

To find your exact version please open the Start Menu type “winver” and press enter. The full version and build number would be useful!

4. Render Freeze and Crash

Upon Rending medium resolution 16bit PSD file, the render freezes at approximately 50% and upon stopping the render an error message occurs and the program closes. Saved files are not able to be reloaded and have to be remade.

Using Windows 10.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. obj export issues

when i export one of your preset assests as obj I have no problem however when I import my own OBJ / stl file apply textures / material assignments and then export I get model files that ocupy the correct bounding box volume but contain garbage a few triangles / no texture / not watertight

(happy to send files but this playform wont let me upload dn or obj!!)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. obj export issues

when i export one of your preset assests as obj I have no problem however when I import my own OBJ / stl file apply textures / material assignments and then export I get model files that ocupy the correct bounding box volume but contain garbage a few triangles / no texture / not watertight

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. obj export issues

when i export one of your preset assests as obj I have no problem however when I import my own OBJ / stl file apply textures / material assignments and then export I get model files that ocupy the correct bounding box volume but contain garbage

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OBJ Import Export problem

I have noticed that objects that are exported as OBJ and re-imported behave differently:

Test A with objects from HEXAGON
    1. create in hexagon two dice with two colors
    2. export these cubes as OBJ file
    3. open in dimension an empty scene
    4. import the dice from hexagon = they have the right size and positions as in hexagon.
    5. export the dice again as OBJ from Dimension
    6. create an empty scene in dimension
    7. re-import the dice from step 5 = they have the right size and positions as before.

Test B with objects in dimension only …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. export models

I've been testing the new export model / add model to CC Libraries today and when I try to import (either from the computer or from the libraries) a model with decals on it, the model imports super small with the decals HUGE and completely misaligned...

(See provided screenshot: on the left, the bag as it should be. On the right, what came out of the "save to cc library" new option...)

What can I do to fix that, or is it a bug coming from Dimensions?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export format PSD 16-bit always active

Dimension 2.3 always wants to render PSD 16bit, even if you have only saved the scene with PNG as export format, left it and open it again in DN.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Material and Sticker problem - Text on transparent layer

I found bugs in material and stickers. And that's what I did:
    A) I created a PNG with transparent background and editable text in Fireworks CS 6*.
    B) I put the PNG as material on an imported cube.
    The result is that in the editor of DN 2.3 and in the renderer the text appears as black bars. (Censorship? :-) ) see (1).
    Countercheck 1: the same file works in FW with white background.
    Countersample 2: An editable text on a transparent background from Photoshop CC is displayed correctly in the editor and renderer in DN, but as material it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Objects not appearing in Scene Panel

I am not getting any objects to appear in my scene panel, I have two custom 3D Models as well as two stock models in the scene. All are visible, editable and rendering in the preview window. However when I go to render there is no option to assuming because there are no objects being recognized for some reason. I have attached screenshots below. Not sure what is going on here.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to open .skp file

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DN-File in BRIDGE to place in AFTER EFFECTS

I saved the laptop from Dimension as a DN file. In BRIDGE with right mouse button I am offered to load this file into AFTER EFFECTS. If I click on this, I get an error message in AE that this file is not a suitable import format. The same happens with an export OBJ file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wrong UV-Map for Cube and Cone

I wanted to use a cone to create a light effect. I noticed that the UV map of the cone and the cube in dimension did not match the UV maps in other 3D programs like CINEMA 4D or Cheetah 3D.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Render Time jumps at 50%

The display of the estimated speaking time jumps at about 50% from 0:01 sec (almost finished), to a higher number at over 50% and then to run towards zero. This is very confusing (especially for beginners).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SVG und AI Materials have different colors

I created a simple graphic in Illustrator and saved it as an AI file and SVG. If I now place this as material on an object, a clear color difference is noticeable, even though the files show the same motif. It doesn't matter whether I use RGB or CYMK in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sticker from Illustrator

If I use an AI file as material in DN 2.3 under MacOS 10.14.5 and move it on the object, then vertical lines appear on the right and left where a transparency should be. These are visible in the editor and in the renderer. This effect does not occur in DN 2.2.1.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Render times v2.2 vs.2.3

First of all thanks for the new version 2.3. I rendered the same scene, which contains only one cube, in versions 2.2 and 2.3. I noticed the following. In contrast to version 2.2, the setting "Quality High" in version 2.3 renders twice as fast. Bravo!
    BUT there is a new problem: In version 2.3 the setting "Quality Medium" is not faster than the setting "Quality High" and the result is identical as if both settings work with the same high quality.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cameraposition 0°,y,0° at 0,y,0 crashs DN

If you set a camera position to 0°,y,0° at point 0,y,0, the program DN (2.2.1.) collapses under MacOS 10.14.5 (MacBookPro 2012). See Screenshot.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base