Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Render Freeze and Crash

Upon Rending medium resolution 16bit PSD file, the render freezes at approximately 50% and upon stopping the render an error message occurs and the program closes. Saved files are not able to be reloaded and have to be remade.

Using Windows 10.

22 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A problem caused the application to stop working properly

We've been working on a pretty detailed and bought 3d-model (fbx and obj). Imported in Adobe Dimension, started adjusting materials and colors and everything worked fine.

When we wanted to continue a day later, the file will open but gives this error "A problem caused the application to stop working correctly." Anything we can do? We already updated macs, and even added more memory into them. Is this a bug?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crashes during render

Generally crashes when trying to render something complex (or at least that seems to be the case. for example if i were trying to render one playing card its fine but if i had a bunch in a fan it will crash every time) My machine is according to your system requirments above the required threshold to run the program. This makes me wonder how it would run on a machine that barley makes the cut? Or if it even would.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Big Sur

Can't run the app at all. All other CC 2020/2021 apps that were updated on Monday with MAX work fine.

Error pops up after the launch screen appears: "A problem caused the application to stop working correctly." If I choose NEW file it will crash every time.

Tried removing the app (and all associated files) and reinstalled the previous version but still the same error happens. Tried removing that and installed 3.4 again but same problem.

I am running it on a MacBook Pro 2018 model with the Radeon Pro Vega 20 graphics card; Big Sur public beta (current version);…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Figure out duplication. Shouldn't be breaking the app.

Simple duplicate of a cube. Duplication has always crashed this app.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Crashing when applying material to stock model

New default scene - added 'drawstring bag' model to scene - added 'weave fabric' material to model. Dimension crashes......

Application Retart Needed !

log file attached...

Macbook Pro 13" late 2011 OSX Sierra 16gb RAM

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cameraposition 0°,y,0° at 0,y,0 crashs DN

If you set a camera position to 0°,y,0° at point 0,y,0, the program DN (2.2.1.) collapses under MacOS 10.14.5 (MacBookPro 2012). See Screenshot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Application Restart Needed

Moved layers order
    Selected a model
    Selected the already in place Decal.
    ...Crash Alert
    See log

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Grey Screen of DEATH

Doesn't really matter how complex the render is, eventually if I spend long enough within a DN file the application will turn dark grey (attached). A force quit is the only way to close the application. This happens most often while dragging/placing a graphic from a CC Library onto a model.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Crashs and bugs of Adobe Dimension

I have a Mac Pro 2010, which I changed the processor, which has a recent Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 GB GDDR5 graphics card, with 64 GB of ram, all my software works under Mojave except Adobe Dimension ... When are you going to update to make it work! Thanks in advance, Denis

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GPU Rendering doesn't work

Rendering via CPU works fine, albeit slowly. Rendering via GPU causes a crash within a few seconds of starting the process. Logs attached in hopes that they'll help future updates.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Crashing after generating UV's and importing adobe stock asset.

Application crashes after generating UVs and importing adobe stock models. I've attached the log file.

iMac Pro
    macOS Catalina 10.15.2
    3 GHz 10 Core Intel Xeon W
    64GB RAM
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. error upon opening application and when applying substance materials

First time error/bug reporter here so please understand my lack of software lingo. When using Adobe Dimension I am running into two seperate bugs/errors. The first being black, pixelated areas appear in the design window area please see attached photo (randomly placed everytime application is started). Second issue being an error message (photo included) mentioning that dimension needs to restart due to an error. This message only displays when I attempt to render models with substance materials applied. Maybe I am using the substance materials incorrectly, I assumed they could be applied to models just like any other material in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Exception during GPU Compositing Texture Updates

Every time I attempt to render my project I get an error message saying an application error has occured which requires a restart of the program. After doing this dozens of times, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the entire adobe suite, restarting my machine after every change, updating windows for everything, updating my GPU drivers etc, I'm still getting the same issue. I've been through 6 different Adobe operators now and I just want to render some bloody cubes with pictures on them.

erc Error 410813ms> ASSERT FAILURE:e:\j\build-dn-win\core\components\rendercore\agfdependencies\coreopengl\agfglhelpers.cpp:2494: [ false ] GL FBO state failure
    gbl Error 410813ms>…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base