Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Imported 3D model looks low poly

I bought a 3D model and imported the .obj. A perfect circle looks like it was drawn with a ruler. I don't think it's a problem in the file (the previews of the model in de shop look great) but I think it's the combination with Adobe Dimension.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to Open a Saved File

I have a dilemma!
    When I open a 3D, previously saved, it no longer opens it to me (it works only with some, not all), but if the amount works.
    I was dating it under another name and it no longer works. If the amount still works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For anyone who is unable to open a saved file, please email us directly at tickets@adobedimension.com with the following information:

First, double check, are you part of the Dimension beta and prerelease programs? If so, please double check that the file was NOT created with a prerelease version. The test versions of software do not have finished features in place, so the file format is not compatible with the live builds that we release.

If the file you’re trying to open was saved in an official version of Dimension, then please send me the saved .dn scene that is having the issue. You can attach scenes under 20MB directly to your email. If the file is larger than 20MB, please upload it to a file sharing service such as Adobe Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox, WeShare, OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar.

3. extrusion

Every time I export an extruded cylinder shape from Photoshop into ADn, I cannot eliminate the original flat artwork from Illustrator. I've tried so many different hacks. Am I missing something simple?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dimension claims I'm not logged in, but I am

I can't run cloud renders as Dimension claims I'm not logged in. I am logged into CC as I can see that I'm logged in when I view the CC app and I can use all my other Adobe apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Toggle grid keyboard shortcut not working (MacOs)

Build 3.3-20200608.r.2422-5769982
    Running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, MacBook Pro 15" 2019

I can use View > Toggle Grid to turn the grid on and off. But the keyboard shortcut of Command-' doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm not sure if this is new, as I only occasionally turn the grid off, but today I needed to do that and noticed this oddity. The command key modifier does work with the tools and in other UI parts of Dimension (for example, Command-Z to undo, Command-Select to override group select.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dimension 3.3 still doesnt work on Mac Pro 2010, 12 Core, x5690, 96GB DDR3 1333 MHz ram with RX580 8GB GPU

Dimension 3.3 still doesnt work on Mac Pro 2010, 12 Core, x5690, 96GB DDR3 1333 MHz ram with RX580 8GB GPU

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. .dn files gone

Third time this has happened now. Saved my changes, shut down the computer. Next day, my .dn file simply disappeared. It's not in the trash, not in any other folder, not in the cloud. It's gone.

macOS 10.5.5 (happened on the previous version as well)
    MacBookPro16,1
    Dimension 3.2.1

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rendering Crash

Same here! Once I click on " render preview " it stops running at approx 50% and nothing more is working except the menu where I can search for help.

If I "render" than the same model stays forever no matter if I have a new one finished. Not possible to render the new one but taking full credits on the same one. So credits are gone and no way to render the new project unless I close and restart the program.

How to work or create a workflow when it crashes every time I want to see in the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 16 bit background file

I stumbled upon this while making my renders :
    The beginners files proposes a very nice gradient too use as a background. I love it.

Except it's a 8bit subtle gradient.

Which means it has "banding" effects, which you can solve in 2 ways :
    — adding some noise;
    — or turning this image 16bit.

Since Dn exports 16bit images, wouldn't it be "cleaner" to propose a clean file to users (esp. beginners) ?

To go further, why not offering it as a psd with an editable gradient , and maybe a noise smartfilter on top ?

I know you…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visual Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Render Freeze and Crash

Upon Rending medium resolution 16bit PSD file, the render freezes at approximately 50% and upon stopping the render an error message occurs and the program closes. Saved files are not able to be reloaded and have to be remade.

Using Windows 10.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share 3D Scene for Review includes DELETED camera bookmarks.

A DN file contains several camera bookmarks, over time working on the file bookmarks are deleted, updated and renamed. After saving the DN file with just two bookmarks and selecting File > Share 3D Scene for Review, the scene is uploaded to Adobe Cloud and a link provided for viewing.

When viewing the link, the browser viewer shows old deleted camera bookmarks as well as the two bookmarks that existed in the last save.

See screen shots attached. As you can see the DN file only has "Front" and "Back" camera bookmarks. But the browser viewer is showing 7 bookmarks,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Undo Function Isn't Working

Open a saved Dimension file, make edits and then unable to undo edits.

CMND + Z and going to the dropdown menu won't revert the changes. This only happens in saved files, when I make a new document I'm able to undo changes but if I save > close > open for editing the undo function doesn't work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to import Sketchup 2020 files into Dimension

Hello, Unable to import Sketchup 2020 files into Dimension, is there a bug?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dimension supports Sketchup 2019 and earlier. Internally we’ve been working on updating to the Sketchup 2020 SDK which will support the latest files and this will be available in the next release.

For now, you can export to Sketchup 2019 version to use in Dimension.

15. GPU Rendering doesn't work

Rendering via CPU works fine, albeit slowly. Rendering via GPU causes a crash within a few seconds of starting the process. Logs attached in hopes that they'll help future updates.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Restart the application when rendering

Dimensions keep crashing every time I try to render. It tells me to restart the application. I strongly believe it is not my set up, everything else works fine.
    I kinda need this program to render if I want to work with it.
    Please, check out what is happening there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Material Import -- .mdl file not being read?

I have an .obj, .mdl, .mtl, and a folder full of .png files that are referenced in the .mdl file. When I import the .obj file, it brings in the material, but not all of the "graphic" .png files. I have to open up each model (it's a skeleton, lots of bones!) and apply the graphic for every single model. I noticed by looking at the .mdl file, that it properly references the file locations/names for the "graphics", but doesn't use them. I'm attaching the obj, mdl and mtl files. If you want me to attach .png files, let me…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Not Rendering and Needs Application Restart

Whenever I try to render something--anything!--it either needs "application restart" or it just loads everything into the memory...which then sits there...doing nothing...ever. Anyway, here is the log that it claims I should use in a bug report. I don't know what's going wrong. :(

Just for the record, I'm using Windows 10, fully updated, and my system meets and most often beats all recommended settings for running Dimension. And yes, all drivers are up-to-date and all CC apps are up to date. Every other CC app I use works beautifully--my system can run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Bridge ALL AT…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Error after open old file 3D model

When I open a large 3D old model, It gives me an error report. The log-file is attached. What can I do?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base