Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The tools are very buggy it keeps switching tools on its own. WTF? 27 iMac, 24gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, intel i7

My idea is fix the damned dbugs so I can love this program... caus ei reeally REALLY weant to.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. don't see background image after loading

I load a background image and it doesn't show. Drag a model onto scene and that doesn't show either

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Blocks in Rendering and Crashes

Since i have updated to latest version, rendering often crashes and in some cases i have white "blocks" in the final rending (PNG or PS). Tested on Win10 and OSX.
    Same scene in previous version works fine (see renderings)
    Seems that current version is a bit buggy!?
    This is a pity because the handling has improved a lot in the new version and the rendering is double(!) so fast ...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Boolean from Blender

Boolean modifiers applied in Blender 2.8 do not fully cross over to AD. I made a watch with holes in the arm band and AD only recognized 1 hole. On the other item with a boolean modifier it was just a shadow. Opened the obj and fbx versions in windows 3d viewer and the model looked just fine. Frustrating because I spent money on 3d materials and everything from Adobe for the program not to want to recognize modifiers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sliders not updating

When typing in a value manually the corresponding slider won't update.

Sometimes the sliders also show values belonging to a previously selected object/decal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rendering is crashed

Rendering is failed

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No objects showing in scene

I'm not seeing anything in the scene viewport, I've never gotten Dimension to work, even though I just updated it. No matter what I drop in the scene, I just get this same grey screen. I use Cinema 4D daily, so it's gotta be a Dimension bug. Might be because I'm using a Titan X and 2080 Ti?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exception during GPU Compositing Texture Updates

Every time I attempt to render my project I get an error message saying an application error has occured which requires a restart of the program. After doing this dozens of times, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the entire adobe suite, restarting my machine after every change, updating windows for everything, updating my GPU drivers etc, I'm still getting the same issue. I've been through 6 different Adobe operators now and I just want to render some bloody cubes with pictures on them.

erc Error 410813ms> ASSERT FAILURE:e:\j\build-dn-win\core\components\rendercore\agfdependencies\coreopengl\agfglhelpers.cpp:2494: [ false ] GL FBO state failure
    gbl Error 410813ms>…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. render preview

Ever since updating to v3, Dimension will not display anything in the Render Preview window. I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop that is only a little over 3 years old. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Will rolling back to a previous version help?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. place graphic on sketchup model problem

How do you place a graphic on a sketchup model?

I was very excited to see that Sketchup files could now be imported into Dimension CC. But how do you place a graphic onto the actual model? When I drag an image onto the model nothing appears. There are options to move the image around, but you can't see it!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crash during import 3D model

When importing a small 3D model into a larger file, the Import crashes with an error report. The log-file is attached. What can I do?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Objects in Cloud Library fail to sync

If I try to save a model into one of my own Creative Cloud Libraries the synchronization fails every time. The library 'exists' on the local machine, and is available / restores each time I run, but they do not sync between machines. I basically have two different libraries on two different machines.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dolly tool cutting the objects

when i use the dolly tool to zoom in, it cuts the objects in the lower half of the screen, it wasn't like that when i started this scene. how can i fix it so it will show the complete objects?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Not Rendering and Needs Application Restart

Whenever I try to render something--anything!--it either needs "application restart" or it just loads everything into the memory...which then sits there...doing nothing...ever. Anyway, here is the log that it claims I should use in a bug report. I don't know what's going wrong. :(

Just for the record, I'm using Windows 10, fully updated, and my system meets and most often beats all recommended settings for running Dimension. And yes, all drivers are up-to-date and all CC apps are up to date. Every other CC app I use works beautifully--my system can run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Bridge ALL AT…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Not Rendering and Needs Application Restart

Whenever I try to render something--anything!--it either needs "application restart" or it just loads everything into the memory...which then sits there...doing nothing...ever. Anyway, here is the log that it claims I should use in a bug report. I don't know what's going wrong. :(

Just for the record, I'm using Windows 10, fully updated, and my system meets and most often beats all recommended settings for running Dimension. And yes, all drivers are up-to-date and all CC apps are up to date. Every other CC app I use works beautifully--my system can run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Bridge ALL AT…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. .PNG file renders a lot darker and saturated than mock up lighting or .PSD

after rendering .PNG file, it appears a lot darker than the set up lighting, or the .PSD file that is rendered.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add design to model

I create on document with 300 dpi resolution cube, e. g. 10 x 10 x 10 cm and place on it design with size 40 x 10 cm, 300 dpi. Why Dimension place this design on 2 sides only with artafects? What i do wrong?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3D scene won't rotate or move on Google Chrome

When i upload a 3D scene with the 3D "Publish 3D Scene" feature, like the title says, it won't rotate or move when opened with Google Chrome.
    So far, it has worked with Microsoft Edge, but most people will use chrome to see this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base