Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stuck on Start Screen

I've downloaded Project Felix, app starts and I get the introduction panel, as shown in image. The preview video works, the two options; "create a new project" and "start a guided tour" do not open. When either option is selected, the black triangular pointer with blue loading circle appears but program seems to get stuff at that point.

86 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

246 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve resolved some past issues of some users not being able to use Dimension, however there is a known issue still remaining.

Video cards that do not support a specific instruction set (AVX/AVX2) will not be able to run Dimension. This is primarily video cards from early 2012 or earlier.

At this time our System Requirements checker is unable to ‘catch’ this and leads to the application crashing on the Start Screen when the New Document or Get Started buttons are clicked.

At this time we are unable to fix this issue or catch to throw an error. We are continuing investigation on this.

2. File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Another status update on this. We believe we’ve resolved the issue with being unable to load previously saved files in 2.3. We hope to ship this fix next week, but if you need immediate access you can join the Dimension Prerelease Program using this link:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985/participate/7A1DBA5A-6CF2-4023-EE2F-3CA7B25DF3BE

Once you’re on the Prerelease website, simply download the Dimension build marked “2.3.1 – r.1054” which contains the fix. It should open any files that weren’t working before.

3. No objects showing in scene

I'm not seeing anything in the scene viewport, I've never gotten Dimension to work, even though I just updated it. No matter what I drop in the scene, I just get this same grey screen. I use Cinema 4D daily, so it's gotta be a Dimension bug. Might be because I'm using a Titan X and 2080 Ti?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bugged Taskbar Icon

Taskbar icon has a black line through it....
    I am running Win 10, Version 1703, Build 15063.786
    Has been that way since i installed it.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Render Freeze and Crash

Upon Rending medium resolution 16bit PSD file, the render freezes at approximately 50% and upon stopping the render an error message occurs and the program closes. Saved files are not able to be reloaded and have to be remade.

Using Windows 10.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. place graphic on sketchup model problem

How do you place a graphic on a sketchup model?

I was very excited to see that Sketchup files could now be imported into Dimension CC. But how do you place a graphic onto the actual model? When I drag an image onto the model nothing appears. There are options to move the image around, but you can't see it!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Not Rendering and Needs Application Restart

Whenever I try to render something--anything!--it either needs "application restart" or it just loads everything into the memory...which then sits there...doing nothing...ever. Anyway, here is the log that it claims I should use in a bug report. I don't know what's going wrong. :(

Just for the record, I'm using Windows 10, fully updated, and my system meets and most often beats all recommended settings for running Dimension. And yes, all drivers are up-to-date and all CC apps are up to date. Every other CC app I use works beautifully--my system can run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Bridge ALL AT…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. .PNG file renders a lot darker and saturated than mock up lighting or .PSD

after rendering .PNG file, it appears a lot darker than the set up lighting, or the .PSD file that is rendered.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Application Restart Needed

I have had problems with this:
    I try to open a Dimension file, it starts loading, and then a window pops up saying that an Application Restart is needed, and that I need to send Adobe the Dimension log. Then Dimension closes, and I cannot open my file.
    So.....attached is the log and the screenshot of the popup window.
    Help!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. export models

I've been testing the new export model / add model to CC Libraries today and when I try to import (either from the computer or from the libraries) a model with decals on it, the model imports super small with the decals HUGE and completely misaligned...

(See provided screenshot: on the left, the bag as it should be. On the right, what came out of the "save to cc library" new option...)

What can I do to fix that, or is it a bug coming from Dimensions?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to open .skp file

When I go to File, Open, The only optional file types are .asd or *.dn. I am trying to open a Sketchup 2019 file as per attached.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Render Time jumps at 50%

The display of the estimated speaking time jumps at about 50% from 0:01 sec (almost finished), to a higher number at over 50% and then to run towards zero. This is very confusing (especially for beginners).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cameraposition 0°,y,0° at 0,y,0 crashs DN

If you set a camera position to 0°,y,0° at point 0,y,0, the program DN (2.2.1.) collapses under MacOS 10.14.5 (MacBookPro 2012). See Screenshot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The tools are very buggy it keeps switching tools on its own. WTF? 27 iMac, 24gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, intel i7

My idea is fix the damned dbugs so I can love this program... caus ei reeally REALLY weant to.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. don't see background image after loading

I load a background image and it doesn't show. Drag a model onto scene and that doesn't show either

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blocks in Rendering and Crashes

Since i have updated to latest version, rendering often crashes and in some cases i have white "blocks" in the final rending (PNG or PS). Tested on Win10 and OSX.
    Same scene in previous version works fine (see renderings)
    Seems that current version is a bit buggy!?
    This is a pity because the handling has improved a lot in the new version and the rendering is double(!) so fast ...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Boolean from Blender

Boolean modifiers applied in Blender 2.8 do not fully cross over to AD. I made a watch with holes in the arm band and AD only recognized 1 hole. On the other item with a boolean modifier it was just a shadow. Opened the obj and fbx versions in windows 3d viewer and the model looked just fine. Frustrating because I spent money on 3d materials and everything from Adobe for the program not to want to recognize modifiers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sliders not updating

When typing in a value manually the corresponding slider won't update.

Sometimes the sliders also show values belonging to a previously selected object/decal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rendering is crashed

Rendering is failed

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →