Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

Bug Request Details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and Drop Stops Working

In my materials I go to base color, and often when I try to drag and drop an image from my library, it won't register in the image tab of the base color and I have to restart Dimension to get it to work. Same goes for updating images by deleting the current one, then drag and drop the new one from the CC library. Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Dimension won't run, but did before

see im ble to run this on a zotac gt 710, with a core 2 duo at 3ghz, i hope you will add support. i was able to get the job done but then when i restart it says my hardware is not supoorted but im able to get it to work,

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

14 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all, happy to say that Dimension 1.1 is now available for everyone and most previously corrupted files should now be able to be opened.

For any files that will not open, unfortunately we won’t be able to address those at this time. However, if anyone creates a brand new scene in Dimension 1.1 and it becomes corrupt please inform us immediately and send the file to tickets@adobedimension.com.

Read more about the 1.1 release here:
          https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/whats-new.html

• Can't Apply Decal

Hello,
          I'd like to import obj files created with Sketchup. I already have tried the workaround (import obj into Photoshop and export 3D layer) found on the web confirmed by Jeanette Matthews but it doesn't work for me. So I create a basic cube in Sketchup 15, export it as obj file. I open it in photoshop and export the 3d layer (as Wavefront obj) without doing any change. Now, I open a new file in Dimension and import the cube obj file in it. So now, if I try to apply a decal (which works on built-in Dimension Models),…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Blurry Renders (Depth of Field)

I tried a simple scene with only a coffee cup and copper texture applied to the cup and a background applied, but after rendering in all three settings (low, high and medium) all I get is a mass of pixels without any definition where the cup is supposed to be (the background renders ok). I am using a Mac Book Pro with a 2.8GHz processor and 16GB of RAM. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dimension 1.1 was released today and has some big improvements to Depth of Field.
              - Depth of Field will now auto-focus an object when turned on so you don’t end up with renders that are completely blurry.
              - The focused object will stay focused while moving the camera.
              - A new learn card activates when first turning on depth of field to help describe the effect and how to use it.
              - The render preview window now opens the first time you enable depth of field so you can see the effect.

• 1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You’re on the start screen and it’s actually supposed to be playing a video, so you’re seeing the text behind an empty video field.

1. Are you on a corporate or proxy network? Might be a security setting blocking the video from playing.

2. Do you have available bandwidth to stream and play the video? Might have just been an internet glitch.

You can hit the "X button in the upper right to just close the empty video panel as well. That should return you to the “Take a Tour” start screen and the Get Started button.

• German Keyboard Shortcuts Incorrect

Edited by Moderator: This community is English only.

The keyboard shortcuts please as in all other CC programs, for example, undo over apple z and deleting an inserted background should be possible!

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Duplicate Bug - too many objects

The bug I found is the following, if you have some Objekts in a file (A) an duplicate this file a few times (A1, A2, A3..), then group of all (A..) files together into file (B) and duplicate this file(B) a few times (B1,B2,B3..), next step make a group of all (B..) files into file (C) When you duplicate this file (C), some files inside this group will duplicate them self.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • ui bug no toolbar

the top toolbar does not appear

effects; Windows systems (Intel and AMD) both public and beta builds

cause; appears to be linked to the opening tutorial but I have not locked it down yet.

part workaround; shut down Dimension and reopen (hover curser over the ui links to unlock top tool bar) before opening Dimension fully... this works 100%

https://vimeo.com/241814062

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Camera Bookmarks Refresh UI

When a Camera Bookmark is refreshed, the button should change states to indicate so. Either a spin of the button or a change of colour.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Rendering Spot Artifacts

In Project Felix 0.3 there is a known issue with some minor artifacts in the renderer causing small blank pixels to appear.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Stuck on Start Screen

I've downloaded Project Felix, app starts and I get the introduction panel, as shown in image. The preview video works, the two options; "create a new project" and "start a guided tour" do not open. When either option is selected, the black triangular pointer with blue loading circle appears but program seems to get stuff at that point.

81 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m very happy to say that we have officially launched the fix in our latest release – Project Felix 0.3 – available on Creative Cloud as of July 19th, 2017.

http://www.adobe.com/products/project-felix.html

To everyone, thank you for your patience as we hunted down the causes of these errors and for those who joined the prerelease to help test out the fix. As a note, there may continue to be issues where users get stuck on the start screen for other reasons. This primarily fixes compatibility issues for Intel Xeons and i5 processors.

• Canvas is Blank Gray

The objects do not appear, they look as if they are invisible

13 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Issues importing .obj files.

There seems to be an issue importing .obj files. Some work and some do not. If I make a sphere in Photoshop and export it as an .obj it will not import into Felix. However, if I create one in Meshmixer and export it as an .obj it will import in Felix. Do you have any sugestions on settings needed in the .obj file in order for Felix to import the file?

6 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all, as a note we’ve done some work to improve .obj compatibility, but this will never be a 100% “Complete” feature because there are always side cases. If your .obj does NOT import or has errors when you import, please do e-mail the .obj file to me via tickets@adobedimension.com so we can analyze and resolve the issues.

• Texture tiling is not saved/loaded correctly

When you save a scene with a material using tiling and then re-load the scene the textures go back to the original settings and aren't saved.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Objects without UVs render black

Known Issue as of Felix 0.2.0 March 28th Release.

Objects sometimes render black. This is caused by the object having no UV information and using a material which includes any image inputs.

Solution: The object will need to have UV information created and then be re-saved.

We're working a better automatic solution for rendering objects with no UVs.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base