Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Canvas is Blank Gray

The objects do not appear, they look as if they are invisible

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

97 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. German Keyboard Shortcuts Incorrect

Edited by Moderator: This community is English only.

The keyboard shortcuts please as in all other CC programs, for example, undo over apple z and deleting an inserted background should be possible!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Issues importing .obj files.

There seems to be an issue importing .obj files. Some work and some do not. If I make a sphere in Photoshop and export it as an .obj it will not import into Felix. However, if I create one in Meshmixer and export it as an .obj it will import in Felix. Do you have any sugestions on settings needed in the .obj file in order for Felix to import the file?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drag and Drop Stops Working

In my materials I go to base color, and often when I try to drag and drop an image from my library, it won't register in the image tab of the base color and I have to restart Dimension to get it to work. Same goes for updating images by deleting the current one, then drag and drop the new one from the CC library. Please help!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rendering Spot Artifacts

In Project Felix 0.3 there is a known issue with some minor artifacts in the renderer causing small blank pixels to appear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sketchup Pro 2019 unable to import

Since the update to Sketchup Pro 2019 i can't import any 3D Modell i made into Dimension. The older models from the 2018 version still work, as long as i don't open and save them with the 2019 version.
    Already tried to install everything new. Turned all extensions off. Export and Import as obj file. Nothing worked so far. I made a simple cube for testing purpose, also not working.
    I would be glad if anyone could try to find the error. Can't find anything similar on google or the web.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Texture tiling is not saved/loaded correctly

When you save a scene with a material using tiling and then re-load the scene the textures go back to the original settings and aren't saved.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dimension won't run, but did before

see im ble to run this on a zotac gt 710, with a core 2 duo at 3ghz, i hope you will add support. i was able to get the job done but then when i restart it says my hardware is not supoorted but im able to get it to work,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't Apply Decal

Hello,
    I'd like to import obj files created with Sketchup. I already have tried the workaround (import obj into Photoshop and export 3D layer) found on the web confirmed by Jeanette Matthews but it doesn't work for me. So I create a basic cube in Sketchup 15, export it as obj file. I open it in photoshop and export the 3d layer (as Wavefront obj) without doing any change. Now, I open a new file in Dimension and import the cube obj file in it. So now, if I try to apply a decal (which works on built-in Dimension Models),…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Blurry Renders (Depth of Field)

I tried a simple scene with only a coffee cup and copper texture applied to the cup and a background applied, but after rendering in all three settings (low, high and medium) all I get is a mass of pixels without any definition where the cup is supposed to be (the background renders ok). I am using a Mac Book Pro with a 2.8GHz processor and 16GB of RAM. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dimension 1.1 was released today and has some big improvements to Depth of Field.
    - Depth of Field will now auto-focus an object when turned on so you don’t end up with renders that are completely blurry.
    - The focused object will stay focused while moving the camera.
    - A new learn card activates when first turning on depth of field to help describe the effect and how to use it.
    - The render preview window now opens the first time you enable depth of field so you can see the effect.

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You’re on the start screen and it’s actually supposed to be playing a video, so you’re seeing the text behind an empty video field.

1. Are you on a corporate or proxy network? Might be a security setting blocking the video from playing.

2. Do you have available bandwidth to stream and play the video? Might have just been an internet glitch.

You can hit the "X button in the upper right to just close the empty video panel as well. That should return you to the “Take a Tour” start screen and the Get Started button.

12. Duplicate Bug - too many objects

The bug I found is the following, if you have some Objekts in a file (A) an duplicate this file a few times (A1, A2, A3..), then group of all (A..) files together into file (B) and duplicate this file(B) a few times (B1,B2,B3..), next step make a group of all (B..) files into file (C) When you duplicate this file (C), some files inside this group will duplicate them self.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ui bug no toolbar

the top toolbar does not appear

effects; Windows systems (Intel and AMD) both public and beta builds

cause; appears to be linked to the opening tutorial but I have not locked it down yet.

part workaround; shut down Dimension and reopen (hover curser over the ui links to unlock top tool bar) before opening Dimension fully... this works 100%

https://vimeo.com/241814062

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Camera Bookmarks Refresh UI

When a Camera Bookmark is refreshed, the button should change states to indicate so. Either a spin of the button or a change of colour.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Objects without UVs render black

Known Issue as of Felix 0.2.0 March 28th Release.

Objects sometimes render black. This is caused by the object having no UV information and using a material which includes any image inputs.

Solution: The object will need to have UV information created and then be re-saved.

We're working a better automatic solution for rendering objects with no UVs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base