Bug Request Details

File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Coney Leung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

We’ve fixed a number of issues regarding files becoming corrupted. The end result was the same but there were actually multiple things happening. The fixes will go live with our next release and at that time you will be able to recover most corrupted files. We can’t guarantee all will be able to be recovered though.

We’re requesting that anyone experiencing new issues still send in your corrupted .dn scene to tickets@adobedimension.com so we can verify we’ve covered all the edge cases.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nauris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, had the same issue and it looks like the problem appears when you make a duplicate object. Instead of duplicate, I imported obj file again and it works.

• Aubry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem for me ... I'm also crying while rebuilding my project (for the 3rd time)

• Evan Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to me today. Created in 1.01. Working with duplicated .obj. I've sent all the files to the email address mentioned.

Now to go sit in the corner and cry for the 7 hours it will take me to rebuild my project.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the example files everyone! It's been very helpful. We've isolated at least one issue and are continuing to evaluate the sample files being sent in to see if there are any other edge cases. Please continue to e-mail in files!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem as well. Have sent 2 files to the link above

I have been able to recreate the bug by:
        • Importing a .OBJ file into DimensionCC
        • Duplicating that .OBJ with the 'duplicate' icon button from the 'Actions' tool panel

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just sent an email with a couple files that were reading that they were corrupt and couldn't be opened to the email address above.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The update did not fix the problem for my team. Using latest version 1.0.1 and it is saying files are corrupted when reopening. Hello Adobe, are you listening??

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having the issue with the current version. I cant open any of my files!! Is there another update that is not showing on the Desktop Cloud?

The update for Dimensions 1.0.1 that came out on Dec 13th was able to fix the problem. The new version was also able to open all previously "corrupted" files.

It just happened to me too, I've just sent an email as you suggested. I hope this issue can be solved as soon as possible. I understand software packages might come out with bugs, but come on! this is a serious issue!.

• yeamur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. I'm exporting my .3dm file to .obj , it opens in other programs but the Dimension CC says the file may be corrupted and i'm pretty sure that it's not...

This has happened to me as well. I've named my files with a hyphen so not sure if that is affecting it. I did import 4 assets from the object panel. I've added decals to all of them from a creative cloud library as well.

• Sascha Michaelis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there the possibility that Adobe converts the Felix files for Dimension CC. I built a complex graphic in Felix. The customer now wants changes for the graphic. But I can not do this with dimension. All objects were built in Felix. I can open Felix files in Dimension CC but if I save them in Dimension CC and then open them again, a window will pop up saying "file is corrupt". Please help me !!!!!

• Philipp Maria Königs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After Upgrading from Felix to Dimension I was able to open .asd files. Now, a couple of weeks later, all my .asd and .dn files that I saved form the former.asds are »corrupted« (german: beschädigt) and I can't open them anymore. Please help! Important stuff!

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have isolated one cause of the issue when the file is saved with "\" in the name. However, we believe there may be more causes and are requesting you send your dimension scene file (.dn) for us to take a look. Thank you!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base