Bug Request Details

File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Coney Leung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Hello all, happy to say that Dimension 1.1 is now available for everyone and most previously corrupted files should now be able to be opened.

For any files that will not open, unfortunately we won’t be able to address those at this time. However, if anyone creates a brand new scene in Dimension 1.1 and it becomes corrupt please inform us immediately and send the file to tickets@adobedimension.com.

Read more about the 1.1 release here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/whats-new.html

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe Dimensions wont recognize my files. It says I have no recent files and when I try to open a previously saved files I get no messages...it just doesnt open. Super frustrating.

• Aubry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still the same problem with 1.1.0-RV version ... can't open corrupted files ... (but nice work for cloud rendering, very helpful)

• Daniel Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice, lost my work and I needed it now.

As @Jeff said, in my case I also imported a .obj and duplicated it.

• Scott Mowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the very latest release, and just encountered this issue after an immense amount of work now appears lost. I am now just learning of this problem is evidently well-known by Adobe and encountered by many. While I wasn't backing up frequently enough (my bad), the really egregious thing is that Adobe continues to market this product knowing of this catastrophic bug. It's outrageous and something I would never expect from Adobe. I don't believe this product should be made available to the paying Adobe subscribership. I'm really pissed!

• Jess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So we have to wait another month and a half to be able to save and re-open a file without the software crashing?

• Nauris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, had the same issue and it looks like the problem appears when you make a duplicate object. Instead of duplicate, I imported obj file again and it works.

• Aubry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem for me ... I'm also crying while rebuilding my project (for the 3rd time)

• Evan Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to me today. Created in 1.01. Working with duplicated .obj. I've sent all the files to the email address mentioned.

Now to go sit in the corner and cry for the 7 hours it will take me to rebuild my project.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the example files everyone! It's been very helpful. We've isolated at least one issue and are continuing to evaluate the sample files being sent in to see if there are any other edge cases. Please continue to e-mail in files!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem as well. Have sent 2 files to the link above

I have been able to recreate the bug by:
        • Importing a .OBJ file into DimensionCC
        • Duplicating that .OBJ with the 'duplicate' icon button from the 'Actions' tool panel

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just sent an email with a couple files that were reading that they were corrupt and couldn't be opened to the email address above.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The update did not fix the problem for my team. Using latest version 1.0.1 and it is saying files are corrupted when reopening. Hello Adobe, are you listening??

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having the issue with the current version. I cant open any of my files!! Is there another update that is not showing on the Desktop Cloud?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The update for Dimensions 1.0.1 that came out on Dec 13th was able to fix the problem. The new version was also able to open all previously "corrupted" files.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base