Bug Request Details

File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Coney Leung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) responded  · 

Hey all, just a note that we’ve identified a few issues with corrupt files on saving. We’re planning to release a patch in a few weeks and I’ll send an update when it’s available. In the mean time please continue to send any files with corruption so we can be sure it’s all caused by the same issue.

1. Verify that you created the file with the current version of Dimension (1.0). Projects made during the beta period with Project Felix or a beta version of Dimension may not work as we did not have backwards compatibility.
    2. If you are sure your file was created with the Dimension 1.0 version please send a 1-1 ticket to tickets@projectfelix.uservoice.com and attach your saved file. If it is a large scene please use Dropbox, Google Drive, CC Files, or another file transfer service to attach the file.

A note on .asd: .asd was a temporary format for our beta and we will not be actively working on backwards compatibility with these files. They may open, they may not.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has happened to me as well. I've named my files with a hyphen so not sure if that is affecting it. I did import 4 assets from the object panel. I've added decals to all of them from a creative cloud library as well.

• Sascha Michaelis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there the possibility that Adobe converts the Felix files for Dimension CC. I built a complex graphic in Felix. The customer now wants changes for the graphic. But I can not do this with dimension. All objects were built in Felix. I can open Felix files in Dimension CC but if I save them in Dimension CC and then open them again, a window will pop up saying "file is corrupt". Please help me !!!!!

• Philipp Maria Königs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After Upgrading from Felix to Dimension I was able to open .asd files. Now, a couple of weeks later, all my .asd and .dn files that I saved form the former.asds are »corrupted« (german: beschädigt) and I can't open them anymore. Please help! Important stuff!

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Dimension CC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have isolated one cause of the issue when the file is saved with "\" in the name. However, we believe there may be more causes and are requesting you send your dimension scene file (.dn) for us to take a look. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the exact same issue. At first I thought I had made a mistake and rebuilt my project, but now, I know it's a bug in Dimension. I'll follow the advice above. But unless they have a solution to this issue, I'm afraid Dimension will not be the solution for us.

• Micah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue and for me this happens with files that contain multiple imported OBJ Objects. Dimensions Version 1.0.

• Coney Leung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am pretty sure it is the latest updated version of Dimension and I am a full Adobe CC member. I first downloaded it few days ago when the new version came out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base