Bug Request Details

Unable to Save / Deletes Saved File

I've had this happen twice now.

A few hours into a piece that I have been saving regularly and I hit Save, but get an error saying the file cannot be saved. So I do a Save As to a new location and get another error, but after clicking ok the Saving window comes up but never progresses. I can close the program but when I do so the file has disappeared. Gone. Can't be found anywhere.

I've attached the crash log. I wouldn't mind it crashing and losing the last 20 mins or so, but deleting the whole file?! I've had to start again on a couple of things now and lost a lot of work.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Travis Birdsall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) responded  · 

We have a fix in place for the deletion of files when we’re unable to save it and will deliver that live in our next bug patch (in May).

We’d love to get some more information from you if you can get into another session that is unable to save so we can prevent that issue all together though. Once you get in that state, close the application and then look for the application logs. There are two called:

DimensionGPUProfiler.log
    Dimension.log

And they are located here:

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/
    Win: ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

If you can send those to tickets@adobedimension.com with a reference comment to the issue or link back to this forum so I can correlate the logs with the problem, that would be extremely helpful.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the fix gone out? Dimension won't let me save my file. I have the logs. How do I attach them?
        My version is the newest.

• Daniel Sabsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also got an "Unable to Save" error. I've sent those two logs to the provided email address and linked it to this forum.

• Travis Birdsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No problem, if it happens again I'll grab those files. I think my original save was to CC files on each occasion, and it happened on both the regular and beta versions.

• AdminJeanette Mathews (Product Manager, Dimension) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the logs, it would be helpful for anyone getting into an 'unable to save' state to know:

- Are you using any cloud storage services (CC Files, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc)
        - Are you using the beta Cloud Rendering service?

Feedback and Knowledge Base