OBJ Import Export problem
I have noticed that objects that are exported as OBJ and re-imported behave differently:
Test A with objects from HEXAGON
1. create in hexagon two dice with two colors
2. export these cubes as OBJ file
3. open in dimension an empty scene
4. import the dice from hexagon = they have the right size and positions as in hexagon.
5. export the dice again as OBJ from Dimension
6. create an empty scene in dimension
7. re-import the dice from step 5 = they have the right size and positions as before.
Test B with objects in dimension only
8. create in dimension two cubes with two colors, change size and position.
9. export these cubes as OBJ file
10. create an empty scene in dimension
11. re-import the dice from step 10 = the dice have the standard size 20x20x20 and are both(!) in the point 0,0,0 of the scene
Stefan Kraft commented
I spotted another bug – exporting one or 2 models as OBJ from Dimension seems OK. We tried to create a floorpan, using basic planes, cubes and Tetrahedons. exporting these elements as a scene to OBJ, results in a heap of all elements back to their basic size and coordinates. all heaped together.