Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Another status update on this. We believe we’ve resolved the issue with being unable to load previously saved files in 2.3. We hope to ship this fix next week, but if you need immediate access you can join the Dimension Prerelease Program using this link:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985/participate/7A1DBA5A-6CF2-4023-EE2F-3CA7B25DF3BE

Once you’re on the Prerelease website, simply download the Dimension build marked “2.3.1 – r.1054” which contains the fix. It should open any files that weren’t working before.

2. Unable to Open a Saved File

I have a dilemma!
    When I open a 3D, previously saved, it no longer opens it to me (it works only with some, not all), but if the amount works.
    I was dating it under another name and it no longer works. If the amount still works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For anyone who is unable to open a saved file, please email us directly at tickets@adobedimension.com with the following information:

First, double check, are you part of the Dimension beta and prerelease programs? If so, please double check that the file was NOT created with a prerelease version. The test versions of software do not have finished features in place, so the file format is not compatible with the live builds that we release.

If the file you’re trying to open was saved in an official version of Dimension, then please send me the saved .dn scene that is having the issue. You can attach scenes under 20MB directly to your email. If the file is larger than 20MB, please upload it to a file sharing service such as Adobe Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox, WeShare, OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar.

3. .dn files gone

Third time this has happened now. Saved my changes, shut down the computer. Next day, my .dn file simply disappeared. It's not in the trash, not in any other folder, not in the cloud. It's gone.

macOS 10.5.5 (happened on the previous version as well)
    MacBookPro16,1
    Dimension 3.2.1

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error after open old file 3D model

When I open a large 3D old model, It gives me an error report. The log-file is attached. What can I do?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base