Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Material Import -- .mdl file not being read?

I have an .obj, .mdl, .mtl, and a folder full of .png files that are referenced in the .mdl file. When I import the .obj file, it brings in the material, but not all of the "graphic" .png files. I have to open up each model (it's a skeleton, lots of bones!) and apply the graphic for every single model. I noticed by looking at the .mdl file, that it properly references the file locations/names for the "graphics", but doesn't use them. I'm attaching the obj, mdl and mtl files. If you want me to attach .png files, let me…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Material Textures not working.

Texture maps are not loading properly and is rendering all textures as flat materials. Reverting to Version 3.0 allows texture maps to load but there's no way to save my file so that it is compatible with version 3.0. Until the texture issue can be fixed please allow an option to save with an older version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Material and Sticker problem - Text on transparent layer

I found bugs in material and stickers. And that's what I did:
    A) I created a PNG with transparent background and editable text in Fireworks CS 6*.
    B) I put the PNG as material on an imported cube.
    The result is that in the editor of DN 2.3 and in the renderer the text appears as black bars. (Censorship? :-) ) see (1).
    Countercheck 1: the same file works in FW with white background.
    Countersample 2: An editable text on a transparent background from Photoshop CC is displayed correctly in the editor and renderer in DN, but as material it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SVG und AI Materials have different colors

I created a simple graphic in Illustrator and saved it as an AI file and SVG. If I now place this as material on an object, a clear color difference is noticeable, even though the files show the same motif. It doesn't matter whether I use RGB or CYMK in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sticker from Illustrator

If I use an AI file as material in DN 2.3 under MacOS 10.14.5 and move it on the object, then vertical lines appear on the right and left where a transparency should be. These are visible in the editor and in the renderer. This effect does not occur in DN 2.2.1.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base