Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exception during GPU Compositing Texture Updates

Every time I attempt to render my project I get an error message saying an application error has occured which requires a restart of the program. After doing this dozens of times, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the entire adobe suite, restarting my machine after every change, updating windows for everything, updating my GPU drivers etc, I'm still getting the same issue. I've been through 6 different Adobe operators now and I just want to render some bloody cubes with pictures on them.

erc Error 410813ms> ASSERT FAILURE:e:\j\build-dn-win\core\components\rendercore\agfdependencies\coreopengl\agfglhelpers.cpp:2494: [ false ] GL FBO state failure
    gbl Error 410813ms>…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. render preview

Ever since updating to v3, Dimension will not display anything in the Render Preview window. I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop that is only a little over 3 years old. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Will rolling back to a previous version help?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crash during import 3D model

When importing a small 3D model into a larger file, the Import crashes with an error report. The log-file is attached. What can I do?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Objects in Cloud Library fail to sync

If I try to save a model into one of my own Creative Cloud Libraries the synchronization fails every time. The library 'exists' on the local machine, and is available / restores each time I run, but they do not sync between machines. I basically have two different libraries on two different machines.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. dolly tool cutting the objects

when i use the dolly tool to zoom in, it cuts the objects in the lower half of the screen, it wasn't like that when i started this scene. how can i fix it so it will show the complete objects?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not Rendering and Needs Application Restart

Whenever I try to render something--anything!--it either needs "application restart" or it just loads everything into the memory...which then sits there...doing nothing...ever. Anyway, here is the log that it claims I should use in a bug report. I don't know what's going wrong. :(

Just for the record, I'm using Windows 10, fully updated, and my system meets and most often beats all recommended settings for running Dimension. And yes, all drivers are up-to-date and all CC apps are up to date. Every other CC app I use works beautifully--my system can run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Bridge ALL AT…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add design to model

I create on document with 300 dpi resolution cube, e. g. 10 x 10 x 10 cm and place on it design with size 40 x 10 cm, 300 dpi. Why Dimension place this design on 2 sides only with artafects? What i do wrong?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3D scene won't rotate or move on Google Chrome

When i upload a 3D scene with the 3D "Publish 3D Scene" feature, like the title says, it won't rotate or move when opened with Google Chrome.
    So far, it has worked with Microsoft Edge, but most people will use chrome to see this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Graphic scale problems

Graphic pasted onto an object doesn't match the size of the object. I have created a box in Dimension to match the sizes of a flatly box with diet created in Illustrator. When the graphic is placed there's a big bar of extra space as though the box is too big or the graphic is too small. ie the size in Dimension is not accurate to the illustrator graphic. How can I create an accurate mockup for my client when the label doesn't fit without scaling and distortion of the size. When the graphic is on the box and I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Crashing when applying material to stock model

New default scene - added 'drawstring bag' model to scene - added 'weave fabric' material to model. Dimension crashes......

Application Retart Needed !

unable to attach .log file

Macbook Pro 13" late 2011 OSX Sierra 16gb RAM Dimension v2.3.1

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Crashing when applying material to stock model

New default scene - added 'drawstring bag' model to scene - added 'weave fabric' material to model. Dimension crashes......

Application Retart Needed !

log file attached...

Macbook Pro 13" late 2011 OSX Sierra 16gb RAM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. obj export issues

when i export one of your preset assests as obj I have no problem however when I import my own OBJ / stl file apply textures / material assignments and then export I get model files that ocupy the correct bounding box volume but contain garbage a few triangles / no texture / not watertight

(happy to send files but this playform wont let me upload dn or obj!!)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. obj export issues

when i export one of your preset assests as obj I have no problem however when I import my own OBJ / stl file apply textures / material assignments and then export I get model files that ocupy the correct bounding box volume but contain garbage a few triangles / no texture / not watertight

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. obj export issues

when i export one of your preset assests as obj I have no problem however when I import my own OBJ / stl file apply textures / material assignments and then export I get model files that ocupy the correct bounding box volume but contain garbage

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OBJ Import Export problem

I have noticed that objects that are exported as OBJ and re-imported behave differently:

Test A with objects from HEXAGON
    1. create in hexagon two dice with two colors
    2. export these cubes as OBJ file
    3. open in dimension an empty scene
    4. import the dice from hexagon = they have the right size and positions as in hexagon.
    5. export the dice again as OBJ from Dimension
    6. create an empty scene in dimension
    7. re-import the dice from step 5 = they have the right size and positions as before.

Test B with objects in dimension only …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export format PSD 16-bit always active

Dimension 2.3 always wants to render PSD 16bit, even if you have only saved the scene with PNG as export format, left it and open it again in DN.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Material and Sticker problem - Text on transparent layer

I found bugs in material and stickers. And that's what I did:
    A) I created a PNG with transparent background and editable text in Fireworks CS 6*.
    B) I put the PNG as material on an imported cube.
    The result is that in the editor of DN 2.3 and in the renderer the text appears as black bars. (Censorship? :-) ) see (1).
    Countercheck 1: the same file works in FW with white background.
    Countersample 2: An editable text on a transparent background from Photoshop CC is displayed correctly in the editor and renderer in DN, but as material it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Objects not appearing in Scene Panel

I am not getting any objects to appear in my scene panel, I have two custom 3D Models as well as two stock models in the scene. All are visible, editable and rendering in the preview window. However when I go to render there is no option to assuming because there are no objects being recognized for some reason. I have attached screenshots below. Not sure what is going on here.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DN-File in BRIDGE to place in AFTER EFFECTS

I saved the laptop from Dimension as a DN file. In BRIDGE with right mouse button I am offered to load this file into AFTER EFFECTS. If I click on this, I get an error message in AE that this file is not a suitable import format. The same happens with an export OBJ file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaborate / Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Wrong UV-Map for Cube and Cone

I wanted to use a cone to create a light effect. I noticed that the UV map of the cone and the cube in dimension did not match the UV maps in other 3D programs like CINEMA 4D or Cheetah 3D.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base