Adobe Dimension: Bugs

This forum is for posting bugs and issues found in Dimension CC.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stuck on Start Screen

I've downloaded Adobe Dimension, app starts and I get the introduction panel, as shown in image. The preview video works, the two options; "create a new project" and "start a guided tour" do not open. When either option is selected, the black triangular pointer with blue loading circle appears but program seems to get stuff at that point.

105 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

259 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all! Apologies with the resurgence of this issue for Dimension 3.2. For anyone experiencing being stuck on the start screen for Dimension 3.2, please send us your Dimension.log file!

DimensionGPUProfiler.log
    Dimension.log

You can locate these here:

Mac : ~/Library⁩/Logs⁩/Adobe/Dimension.log⁩
    Win: ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

You can send to tickets@projectfelix.uservoice.com

2. Canvas is Blank Gray

The objects do not appear, they look as if they are invisible

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Installation / Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We realize that this has continued to be an issue for many over the years. The general cause of this problem is that the hardware isn’t supported.

Try updating your video card drivers. Often this is enough to get it working.

We’re also doing some overhauls to our system this year that may improve this, will update when more information is available!

3. File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File

So this is the second time. Even though I have been saving my files from time to time, the file appears to be "unable to open document, the file may be corrupt.". WHY??? It cant just happen and make me redo my project over and over again! :(

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! Sadly this issue has been persistent for a few years and while it usually only affects a small number of files, it’s different causes each time it comes up.

Please send your file that won’t open to us so we can investigate to tickets@adobedimension.com.

If the file is small (<20 MB) you can attach it directly.
    If it is a larger file, please send via a share link to Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, OneDrive, or another file sharing platform.

4. Unable to Open a Saved File

I have a dilemma!
    When I open a 3D, previously saved, it no longer opens it to me (it works only with some, not all), but if the amount works.
    I was dating it under another name and it no longer works. If the amount still works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For anyone who is unable to open a saved file, please email us directly at tickets@adobedimension.com with the following information:

First, double check, are you part of the Dimension beta and prerelease programs? If so, please double check that the file was NOT created with a prerelease version. The test versions of software do not have finished features in place, so the file format is not compatible with the live builds that we release.

If the file you’re trying to open was saved in an official version of Dimension, then please send me the saved .dn scene that is having the issue. You can attach scenes under 20MB directly to your email. If the file is larger than 20MB, please upload it to a file sharing service such as Adobe Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox, WeShare, OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar.

5. When pressing letter "F" in Export Filename, the camera view switches to "Frame selection"

So imagine this scenario. I'm in DESIGN tab, create a composition I like, switch to RENDER tab and when entering the filename into the "Export Filename" field, if this filename contains a letter "F", the camera view changes to "Frame selection" - even though I'm in RENDER tab and inside a field for entering filename. Key shortcuts should NOT be active in this case.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Save / Load  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files not opening

This happens to me every time I go to open a file. Ill work on a project , save in dimension format (.dn) Come back to open it and I get error. Then have to start projects from scratch. Happens all the time. Ive uninstalled and installed the latest version of dimension 4.0 and this still happened. I went to download the latest fix Fix 3.4 and it only made my software worse. So went back to 4.0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restart the application when rendering

Dimensions keep crashing every time I try to render. It tells me to restart the application. I strongly believe it is not my set up, everything else works fine.
    I kinda need this program to render if I want to work with it.
    Please, check out what is happening there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SVG und AI Materials have different colors

I created a simple graphic in Illustrator and saved it as an AI file and SVG. If I now place this as material on an object, a clear color difference is noticeable, even though the files show the same motif. It doesn't matter whether I use RGB or CYMK in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base