Hello everyone! Just wanted to say we are starting work on some lighting features this year. While I don’t know the full scope of what we’ll be able to release this year yet, some areas we’re exploring are:
More directional lights (like the sun) with a lightpainting interface to create custom environment lights.
Improvements to our Match Image feature to be able to detect and generate multiple indoor lights.
Improvements to glow materials to make them more expressive.
Additions of haze, environmental atmosphere, etc.
Last, but not least, actual 3D placed light objects.
I’ll update here when we have a more scoped vision or a prototype for testing! :)
68 votes28 comments · Adobe Dimension: Feature Requests » Import / Export · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Hello all! Excited to say we’re actively working on IGES, STEP and other CAD import formats. We’ll update soon here as we open up beta testing of these import options!
An error occurred while saving the commentMatthis de Wit commented
I'm doing it like this and it works pretty well:
1. Save assembly to STL in seperate files
2. Open Microsoft 3D builder (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/3d-builder/9wzdncrfj3t6)
3. Create a new scene
4. Drag and drop all your STL's into the new scene, it will stay assembled
5. Save as OBJ-file
6. Import in Adobe Dimension (Project Felix)
7. Now you have an folder with the seperate parts fully aligned
Hope this helps some one,